Potty regression - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-15-2011, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter is almost 23 months old and we started introducing the potty several months ago. About 1 month ago she began using the potty almost all the time. She switched from diapers to panties soon after that time and has done a great job. 

One potential issue we've seen is that she won't use the potty at pre-school/mothers morning out. She goes somewhere 4 mornings a week and will sometimes not pee the entire time she is gone (3-4 hrs). Often she will once she is home or with me/family member. She does seem to have a large bladder and doesn't appear uncomfortable when she holds for longer periods.

If you ask her to try and go she gets resistant and demands that she doesn't want to go. She won't even try. Often she doesn't have accidents until recently. For the past week, the accidents are coming more frequently. She's had them at 'school', she's having them at home. A few days she's had 4-5 accidents in one day. 

I'm not sure what to do. I hate putting her back in diapers. That seems counter productive but maybe she's not ready to fully potty train. Maybe she's having some control issues or is just asserting her ability to control what she does. I do know she can tell when she has to go pee and poo. She has not had a poop accident. She will often take care of her needs without even letting us know she's gone. 

Any advice? I'd like to encourage her to go freely and at 'school'. I don't think she is scared to go (but how would I know?). She is in a very independent stage and wants to control everything. Lots of no's. Begging for something then pushing it away, etc. 

Thanks for your help!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page