Extra Small Cloth Training Pants? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2011, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter
jdg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My almost 19mo daughter has been using the potty on occasion and we are planning to go diaperless over the four-day Christmas weekend and see if she takes to the potty more. I would love to find cloth training pants for her, as she's always been in cloth and they seem to give a better "feel" to know when wet. However, she is a super-skinny 19.5 lbs. Does anyone know of cloth training pants that would fit her? Extra bonus points for coming in colors or patterns as she'll be giving up a stack of GroVia diapers for them!

Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 09:53 PM

These come pretty small my guy barely fits in the smalls any more at 24 lbs. But so far I've found they aren't really helpful with potty training.. I more use them when I need something breathable (when he has a bad rash). But they are cute and soft. 

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
jdg

sk8boarder15, I'm guessing there was meant to be a link or a picture in your post? Would like to know what you are referring to!

Jackie
Old 12-12-2011, 10:59 AM

Imse Vimse training pants fit quite small - my DD was tiny - sounds like about the size of your DD - and fit the XL (strange sizing). Really nicely made too. I bought a couple more for DS and they're still my favourite of all I've tried. And they will hold in a pee, which is a bonus! We have several prints.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Old 12-12-2011, 10:06 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

The imse vise ones are great and do come in small sizes. I love having the built in PUL cover and you can sell them easily gently used.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:43 AM

Do you sew at all?  I guess maybe it will be hard with Christmas so close, but there is a great pattern you can download from Ladder Hill Designs for their Tinkle Time Trainers http://www.ladderhilldesign.com/ which are SUPER easy to sew (or you can buy them from WAHMs on Hyiena Cart http://hyenacart.com/ if you search for Tinkle Time Trainers).  The trainers were the first thing I had sewn since doing an apron and boxer shorts in grade 8 home ec. 

I do EC with DS and the size small fit him at 7.5 mos.  He's now 23lbs and is in the mediums.  I think the small wold work for you.  You can also get the custom made by many of the WAHMs on Hyiena Cart if you contact them and send them your DDs measurements.  You can also likely request them with or without PUL (some like without because then its easier to know as soon as someone has peed, but the diaper still holds the pee.  I have with PUL so that DS can wear them under pants when we're out and about.)

I bought my fabric and fold over elastic (FOE) from http://kidsinthegarden.com/shop/ .  I couldn't find nice PUL or diaper flannel or FOE at any stores, but I'm in Canada so it may be different where you live.

If you look in my album I have a picture of one of the pairs that I made.

Good luck!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Have you tried the 18mo size Gerber cloth trainers? DD used the Gerber ones when she PT around 21 months.  She was more like 22lb but we used size 2T because that's the smallest we could get at Target. They're all cotton and I think they shrink a bit in the dryer.  They're really inexpensive and pretty absorbent.

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
Old 02-08-2012, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter
jdg

After trying many different brands and makers, the ones that fit super-skinny DD are the Blueberry trainers. Thought I'd revisit the thread and share in case there are others with the same problem!

Jackie

Tags
Toddlers
User Tag List