Desperate for any food ideas. New question post #12. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 53 Old 12-17-2011, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD is just about 19 months, 20 pounds. I won't go into the background again-it's been a while since my other threads on this. We've got her in OT for some oral issues and she's been looked after by a pediatric GI guy for another issue. She's getting healthy/happy!!! now... just skinny minney and no appetite.

Spam me with what your toddler actually eats, even if you don't want to admit you serve it. I will try anything, although she does not have a huge sweet tooth.

#2 of 53 Old 12-17-2011, 06:41 PM

My toddler eats a huge range of things, but here are some things she eats that I shake my head at -- maybe some would work for a fussy kid.

Cooked and frozen vegetables still frozen. This is bizarrely one of her favourite things in the world.

Hummus with a spoon. Bread next to it apparently makes it inedible.

Some toast with her butter.

Cherry tomatoes: just the insides, which she sucks out of them.

Frozen yogurt.  For breakfast. She isn't big on dairy so it probably fills a need.

toddler.gif

#3 of 53 Old 12-17-2011, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

he eats other things than this but here are some things he really likes:

yogurt, bread, cereal (both "baby" cereal and regular cereal), applesauce, bananas, milk, crackers, apple juice, small amounts of meat like bits of hamburger, granola bars, anything sweet

he sometimes eats brocolli if I cook it well- and likes it more if I put pesto on it!

If you are trying to put weight on her and you are not opposed to sugar, you could try making a good home made custard or home made pudding

sometimes he will eat a little almond butter with a little jelly on bread, french toast, once in a while scrambled eggs with cheese (but never cheese alone),

he eats other things than these- veggies as much as I can get him to, plenty of types of fruits,  but the above things are some go to foods for him (he is 21 months)

OP- what does your toddler like and not like? If you give me an idea of what she likes maybe i can give more specific suggestions

ETA oh he loves fruit smoothies

#4 of 53 Old 12-17-2011, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapdragon View Post

OP- what does your toddler like and not like? If you give me an idea of what she likes maybe i can give more specific suggestions

Things we consider no-fail she'll eat:

Amy's frozen Mac-n-cheese

Black beans in most stuff

Broccoli (must have lemon)

Curried lentils, garbanzos, or sweet potato (but won't eat meat this way)

Pad thai

cheese ravioli

Things she will not eat:

eggs

oatmeal, french toast, pancakes, really anything breakfast

meat

polenta

cookies

crackers

Hit or miss, small amounts:

cheese

yogurt

pb sandwich

lasagna

fruits and veggies

She does at least try new stuff, and prefers to feed herself. She sucks with spoon and fork. Most food items she'll start on, act like she likes it, quit at a few bites, and then refuse after that. We really really need to put weight on her. She does not ask for food ever.

#5 of 53 Old 12-17-2011, 08:10 PM

OP, just to give you some assurance...my niece is the same as your DD, about 20lbs and almost 20 mos.  Maybe your DD is petite??

My DS is not a picky eater, but often not a big eater either.  If she likes Mac N Cheese and she likes broccolli, I'd suggest trying broccoli cheese soup.  My DS LOVES this recipe.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/broccoli-and-cheese-soup-with-croutons-recipe/index.html Super easy to make.  Now, with DS, I can sneak pretty much anything into this soup and he'll eat it.  More veggies (like peas), meat (esp. roasted chicken), fish, etc.  I've also used it as a sauce on other things like mashed potatoes or roast beef to get him to eat them.  You can make a big batch and then freeze it into ice cube trays, then pop out the cubes and store them in a ziplock in the freezer for easy lunches.

If she likes lentils/garbanzos, you could try hummus on crackers or toast, or falafel might be good.

At least it sounds like she does like a variety of healthy things.  She isn't a "white only" kid (white flour, white rice, white bread, etc).

#6 of 53 Old 12-17-2011, 08:16 PM

does she drink milk? Dh likes milk a lot and I think that put a lot of weight on him. He was pretty skinny for a while when he was younger and he has bulked up a lot.

will she eat "baby" cereal? My ds still likes it sometimes- and I add milk and a ittle maple syrup to make it taste good- I personally like how it tastes--! I think that bulks him up.

maybe you could find a good smoothie combo that she likes and add yogurt to it- whole mlik yogurt for the fat content.

#7 of 53 Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Ohhh falafel sounds like a possibility. I need to try that, thanks. Yes she's petite, mostly skinny. She's about 32 inches tall I think.

She does not drink cow's milk, which is okay with me since we don't use it. She will not take PediaSure (which I felt desperate enough to try because at one point she had lost about 15 ounces) but she does tolerate a toddler milk drink which is high in protein. We started that after she turned up anemic.

We've just got to get her eating, taking in some calories, it's time.

I must be hungry. Falafel and smoothies sound good.

#8 of 53 Old 12-17-2011, 10:00 PM

My DD will dip just about anything in ranch dressing, ketchup, and fresh guacamole.  She lives to dip.  She's been known to dip fruit into ketchup.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#9 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 04:42 AM

My DS will almost always eat a quesadilla. I use whole wheat or spelt tortillas.

#10 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

DD2 went through a spell where she would only eat banana's and rice cakes.  And she was also a little thing.  Now she eats everything.

DD1 wouldn't eat anything!  My brother got her to eat thick round noodles to dip in pasta sauces.  He would put out things she would eat along with new stuff and always ketchup since she would dip things into it.  Strawberries in ketchup were her favorite for quite sometime.  I'm going to call him later to find out what he did.  He lived with us until DD2 was born and took care of DD1 while DH and I worked.  Awesome situation by the way!  My brother kind of rocks.  He came up with all sorts of crazy things to get her to eat. 

#11 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 06:25 AM

A good and very healthy source of fat that my DD loves is avocado.

We just cut it in cubes and she eats it up. She will easily eat 1/2 an avocado and sometimes the whole thing.

Very rarely she will eat it if we smash it on toast. She prefers it in cubes or slices.

She LOVES olives. But we limit them due to salt.

Cucumber slices. Sweet pepper slices.

Loves bananas, pomigranate, apples, pears, blueberries.

Also quesidilla. We process veggies that she doesn't usually eat, left over from dinner, into a paste with beans. Smear that onto a tortilla with some cheese and grill it.

She also loves dip. She will eat anything dipped into hoisin sauce. And she will only eat pancakes or french toast if it is dipped into maple syrup. If you put the syrup on top she will not eat it.

But she will eat french toast on the go, in the stroller, but only if it is a whole piece.

She will eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Sometimes I put it on a tortilla and wrap it. She likes it like that (and its less messy.

TSomm likes this.

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#12 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Lots of really good ideas here, thanks. She used to eat avocados like they were going out of style, I'll have to try that again now. And quesadillas, I think she would eat that but haven't tried.

Anybody have an estimate how many calories their toddler about this size consumes in a day? The only reason I know is we had to keep a food journal for medical reasons.

#13 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Nutella, cheese, bread with coconut oil, peanut butter (straight or on stuff), milk, fish stew, roast chicken, veggies with butter, anything with butter, oatmeal with a little maple syrup and milk, yogurt, fruit (whole, pieces, fresh and frozen), stuffing (made from a mix), pumpkin or sweet potatos mashed with butter or coconut oil and "pumpkin pie" spices, and tostadas with black beans, rice, cheese and salsa.

Ok, both the kids will eat about anything. If you want her to gain some weight, give her full-fat EVERYTHING. If she'll eat it with butter, coconut oil or peanut butter, put it on with much generosity.

My brother, as a toddler, was so underweight the doctors told my mom he just "wasn't meant to live". She fed him mostly marshmallows because that was all he would eat most of the time. He's still kicking at 30 yo, so he survived the sugar diet.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#14 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I believe it's 1200 to 1300 calories.  Our Ped told us that we should be looking at weekly intake.  Which helped us when dealing with what to feed the non eater.  If she wanted to eat only bananas one day and green beans that next that was ok. 

#15 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

So yeah, the non-eater label. Not picky, it's beyond that. She is not interested in eating. Doesn't really want to learn utensils, but doesn't like to be fed, prefers to play with foods (dips are a nightmare) which is okay, we allow that... at least she doesn't throw it. At OT we are working on getting her to bite off the end of something- like a banana or cheese stick or cracker. Most days average around 800 calories and we do look at the long term, but it's hard when she has 500 calorie days. Our ped wants us to go to the Denver Children's feeding clinic, but we're trying a (third) local feeding therapist first.

I'm holding out hope there is a food that will spark her appetite!

#16 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 05:32 PM

DS didn't really eat until he turned 2 (like no more than 100-300cals a day I'd guess... fortunately he nursed a ton so we never had to push eating). Then he just started eating normally, quite suddenly. Now at almost 3yo he is still an absolutely AWESOME eater, eats large amounts and huge variety. Maybe your DD will have a similarly great turnaround!!

Some things he especially loves (he eats vegan & gluten-free versions of these):

hummus
seaweed snacks
smoothies
soup (chili, sweet potato soup, any kind really)
homemade muffins, but only if they are just out of the oven...
pancakes
pasta & veggies (with lots of tomato sauce, or a coconut peanut Thai-style sauce, or cheeze sauce)
clementines
tofu
chocolate
cauliflower
roasted veggies, esp. zucchini, potatoes, or brussel sprouts
coconut milk
Indian curries (veggies or beans)
bananas
pretzels
tofu pups (hot dogs)
pizza
beets
sunflower seeds
dried cherries... actually any dried or freeze-dried fruit
shredded salad of kale, beets, carrots, etc. in a ginger-soy dressing

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#17 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 07:41 PM

OP

what do you think the reason is that she won't eat anything? Is it a health issue, or a sensory issue? I hope you find some resolution with it. what would they do at the clinic?

#18 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

OP

what do you think the reason is that she won't eat anything? Is it a health issue, or a sensory issue? I hope you find some resolution with it. what would they do at the clinic?

We're not sure. She has had unresolved issues with her latch since birth (we rarely nurse any more). I think it was just too shallow and she didn't want anything in the back of her mouth. It hurt for a year. She started falling off of her curve around 8 months I think, we delayed solids because we couldn't get her interested in putting anything in her mouth. At some point she'd lost weight and I wasn't interested in giving her anything less caloric than breast milk. We actually nursed every 2-3 hours round the clock until she was about 16 months old. We think we've ruled out everything medical- we have refused a scope under general anethesia and have not done allergy testing (we did do some elimination work much earlier). 

The OT is trying to figure out what her sensory issues/oral issues might be. I'm not sure I understand it all as we've only been a few times. She still doesn't like anything in the back of her mouth, and tries to mash her food in the front or roof of her mouth with her tongue. She also hates to bite into a piece of food, say a sandwich or fish stick.

And then there's just the low appetite.

Tonight for dinner we did quesadilla with black beans and cheese. I cut them into strips and she would not touch them. When I cut them into bites she seemed to like it, but would suck the beans and spit the tortilla. Then she chewed and spit her broccoli, which she has not done before. So pretty much a big fat zero for dinner. Luckily lunch was good.

#19 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 08:09 PM

DD eats bread and butter like it's nobody's business. Lately that's her favorite thing to eat. I make bread just about every week so it's always hanging out on the counter. It's one of the things we do together. She also loves blueberries. Crazy expensive at this time of year but she loves them. During the summer I think she ate her weight in strawberries and blueberries every week. lately she's been eating bowls of Cheerios and a little tiny bit of oatmeal too. When she was younger she wouldn't touch oatmeal with a ten foot pole. I've noticed though that if we're trying to get me out the door in the morning when we give her breakfast, she will barely eat. If I get up five or ten minutes earlier and sit down with her she'll eat quite a bit more. But then again she's a breakfast food kid (waffles with butter and syrup, pancakes, french toast, eggs). And pasta. DH makes pasta at least once a week because she will generally eat a lot of it.

That said, what about smoothies or something like frozen yogurt? DD also loves these coconut milk ice pop (slushie) things we get at whole foods. If we are not paying attention she'll eat the whole box in a couple of days.

Mom to DD 12/2009; married to wonderful hubby 1/07.
#20 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 PM

How does she respond to "baby food"- pureed food? My ds loves pureed food still.I think there are some good brands- some of the organic ones, that put out good food. Does she respond well to that type of eating?

In what form is her easiest way to injest food- the way she accepts it most happily?

#21 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faither View Post

That said, what about smoothies or something like frozen yogurt? DD also loves these coconut milk ice pop (slushie) things we get at whole foods. If we are not paying attention she'll eat the whole box in a couple of days.

I think I will get some frozen yogurt and also try smoothies this week. Are those coconut slushie things very caloric?

Quote:

How does she respond to "baby food"- pureed food? My ds loves pureed food still.I think there are some good brands- some of the organic ones, that put out good food. Does she respond well to that type of eating?

In what form is her easiest way to injest food- the way she accepts it most happily?

Last time we tried baby food she got mad... she doesn't like to be fed. She seems to eat best when she is doing something else, and food is not her focus. For instance, if I read her a book dh might be able to spoon some ice cream into her, or if we're strolling or in the car going somewhere fun I can pop some cheese into her mouth. Other wise I cannot think of how she accepts food happily. She won't even take a cookie at the freaking bakery! She will try new things, a bite or two, and will come to the table for dinner at least for a while. We can always tell when the meal is over because she signs for water, and that's that. If we don't give it to her she has a tantrum and won't eat, if we give it to her that's all she wants and won't eat. Sometimes we try to have a more casual meal on the floor and she may do better that way, without her own plate. She also eats great for her sister- who unfortunately is away at college.

#22 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 08:27 PM

Some of our top foods:

black olives

roasted seaweed snacks

freeze dried yogurt bites

pickles

cream cheese - on a spoon, spread on muffins (which she wouldn't eat plain), crackers

stewy dishes with white beans (so white beans in tomato broth/sauce with greens - will pick out all the beans and actually lick at the sauce)

orange juice & green machine smoothie

we had a pumpkin ice cream she loved, and also really liked pumpkin pie

#23 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 PM

how does she respond to drinks? She asks for water so does she accept drinks well? Are there other drinks she likes?

did I read correctly that you have taken her to two food therapists and are looking for a third?I may have misdread what you were saying about that-

If so, what did they say about it?

#24 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

how does she respond to drinks? She asks for water so does she accept drinks well? Are there other drinks she likes?

did I read correctly that you have taken her to two food therapists and are looking for a third?I may have misdread what you were saying about that-

If so, what did they say about it?

She will drink water, orange juice, toddler formula/milk beverage (this is where she gets the bulk of her calories, also her protein, zinc and iron). She has refused other beverages in the past, but I think I'll try a smoothie this week. She refused PediaSure in a number of flavors. I wish there was a magical calorie drink she would take. She really just wants water all day long- she asks for that about twenty times a day and never asks for food.

A number of people have looked at her latch, and her eating, and this is the second actual OT. This woman says there are some sensory issues, and we're trying to figure out if that is keeping her from taking in food. I think it's her appetite. But I certainly agree that she does strange things with the food that does end up in her mouth and I am not discounting that.

eta- Way to stick to the thread Snapdragon! I appreciate it.

#25 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 09:35 PM

High-calorie foods that my skinny toddler will usually eat include beans (usually black or pinto) or refried beans with cheese, potatoes (either mashed with sour cream and butter, shredded with butter and garlic, or french fries), homemade granola bars with lots of ground nuts and seeds (usually cashew, almond, sunflower and flax), peanut or almond butter from a spoon, oatmeal with peanut or almond butter and cream and a little brown sugar, Nutella on buttered toast, homemade maple sausage, bacon, sunflower seeds alone or rolled onto banana slices (she likes to press the slices into the seeds herself). Sometimes yogurt, sometimes cheese. She seems to do better with the cheese if I use little cookie cutters to cut them into shapes, so she's eating cheese bunnies or cheese stars. I always said I wouldn't be one of "those moms" who bends over backward to make food entertaining, but the kid's gotta eat. If she wants to eat the ears off a bunch of cheese bunnies, so be it. I also drizzle butter or olive oil over a lot of her veggies - she'll eat them plain just fine but I try to add a little fat to everything I can. I've been known to stir a spoonful of cream into her yogurt.

Like your dd, mine lacks focus on eating and will usually only have one or two bites of a meal. I find we often do better if I can distract her while eating, or if we're out and about (she will eat a lot more sitting in her stroller while doing errands, or in the cart at the grocery store - somewhere where she's stuck in one place for a while). I've started just bringing a whole meal in a lunch bag every time we go out, and a lot more of it gets eaten than ever would at home.

#26 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 PM

DS loves creamy soups lately. I make one a week and he eats it for snacks and lunches. We love broccoli, carrot and butternut squash among others. I always add quite a bit of fat to his soups- a can of coconut milk, 1/2 cup or so heavy cream (I can get great, grass-fed cream from a HFS nearby) and a potato to make it thicker and easier to eat.He also loves oatmeal with, and will eat a cup or more of it with some raw sugar or blueberries, grated apples, butter and flax oil. Toast with butter or PB, warm almond milk before bed time, smoothies and soaked oatmeal pancakes are also big hits. He loves to eat pancake sandwiches with the soaked oat pancakes, PB and bananas. He likes anything soft and easy to eat.

#27 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Are you willing to try 'evil' foods?  Will she try things in an odd way.  

Evil foods, junk food type stuff, non-organic mainstream stuff?  Anything to get her to eat?

For example 'hot dogs on a stick' or corn dogs? I know I know a, a bad example for a toddler but just  'think' that way.  What can you put on a blunt stick?

How about french fries?  Will she entertain the idea of 'food strips'?

Does she tolerate 'food touching' like a casserole or soup or does everything need to be separate?

Pasta, either plain or with some type of sauce (tomato, alfredo, pesto, etc)  you can possibly sneak chopped veggies in tomato sauce

My son was not a picky eater but he was tiny for the longest time.  I have some food issues and go through cycles where I just can not tolerate certain textures, smells, or 'food touching'.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#28 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 09:47 PM

I think a smoothie is a great idea. It sounds like she likes thin beverages as opposed to thick slushy ones so maybe you could make a thin smoothie with banana, berries, something sweet and some milk? does she like milky textures? Happy to help if I can, just even in having a sounding board for you to talk it through.

I think you said she doesn't much like sweets, is that right? I guess the best idea I can think of is to keep working with finding the textures of things she will accept, and then trying varyiations of those that she will like- and then if she gets comfortable accepting those, adding things in that have more fat.

Would she drink a milkshake? I forgot if you said if she responds well to dairy?

have you ever offerred her home made juices- what about home made vegetable juices like carrot juicde? Just trying to think of drinks you could offer to see if she takes any of them.

#29 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 09:58 PM

I second the falafel reco- my 15 month old loves falafel. I also make him tiny calzones with different stuff in them (veggies, cheese, sauce) and he likes those a lot. Whole milk yogurt with fruit, rice cakes with peanut butter and quesadillas are all go-tos for us too. He loves breakfast burritos with black beans, scrambled eggs and cheese, but if your daughter doesn't like eggs that might not work. Also, will she eat samples at Costco?! My son will eat anything if it's offered as a sample in a membership warehouse!

#30 of 53 Old 12-18-2011, 10:39 PM

Our almost 2 year old is extremely petite and a very finicky eater. We were very worried at 18 months but we've mellowed out a bit and she started eating more. Her weight gain has been much better. People have listed a lot of foods here but something also to consider is the delivery/presentation.

Some things that have worked for us:

1. Giving her a (not so messy) snack plate to visit and eat from for a couple of hours. This way she doesn't feel pressure to eat but knows it is there. We make sure she has one available for most of her waking hours.

2. Seat her at the table for our meals and give her EXACTLY the same stuff we do on one of our smaller dinner plates. She likes being treated as an equal and watching us do it. Sometimes she will just copy me.

3. Let her play with her food. When she sits at the table and shows interest in her food we let her go to town. If she throws it she gets ZERO reaction and we distract her and get the wet stuff out of her reach. After she is done playing she frequently cleans up with her mouth.

4. Give her something whole, occasionally. I ate an apple with her once and every so often now she will just chew on one down to the bit.

5. We offer her food (not including snack plate) every 2 to 3 hours. If you wait too long they might be too hungry to eat ... weird, I know. If I go too long sometimes I have to nurse to get her back in the mood to eat.

6. We limit her food choices to 2 or 3 items at a given time. She can get overwhelmed pretty quick if put her in front of too many options.

7. We let her run around and watch TV while trying to feed her oatmeal in the morning. Yah, I know ... maybe a bad habit I'll regret later but for now it is far more important for her to get in breakfast. If she doesn't eat breakfast the whole day is like a non-eating day. I honestly think we have to stretch out her tummy in the morning. So we follow her around waiting her her to be lulled by Sesame Street so we can get her to eat 10 or so spoonfuls here and there.

8. If you are still reading this I will tell you our dirtiest secret. We let her share her food with our cats. She gets so excited to feed them and we can't really give her catfood to hand to them or she will eat it. Gross, I know. I'm trying not to think about it.

9. I let her eat in the carseat. We have rear facing and I bought one of those round mirrors so I can see her face in my rearview. I am vigilant about checking to see if she is choking or anything but I find she is great at eating in the car because there is little else to do. My car, on the other hand, could stand a good vacuum and shampoo.

10. For some messy things on days she doesn't want to eat at the table we have a picnic on the floor on top of one of those plastic table covers. It is also used as a mat under her chair in case of spilling.

11. There is a basic rule that if I WANT her to eat BADLY she won't. She can sense it and it freaks her out. So I've got to give her my poker face and act like I don't care and seem distracted. If she catches me watching her like the hawk I am she won't touch a thing. It sucks when we are in a hurry or something.

Common things she will go for:

tofu cubes (stir fried in a bit of soy sauce)

scrambled eggs

dark chicken meat ripped into thin strips (low-medium temp cooked on stove top for 30 minutes in olive oil)

whole milk yogurt (straight or mixed with water if she wants to drink it)

steel cut oats with banana, flax seed and a hint of molasses (make a big batch ahead of time and reheat a bit each morning)

broiled carrots

steamed broccoli (often dipped into yogurt)

asparagus

raisins

apples

bananas

pears

oranges

trader joe's O's

toasted bread

brown rice

string cheese

trader joes high fiber MUFFINS (often dipped in yogurt)

cream cheese and bagel (bagel is just delivery for the cream cheese sometimes it gets eaten, but mostly not)

hug.gif

SAHM to DD born 12/09 

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page