ECed 2+ year olds-what do you do at night? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-28-2011, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am wondering what other people do at night for ECed or diaper free baby.

#2 of 5 Old 12-29-2011, 04:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)

the same thing you would do yourself - if you wake up - go to the bathroom, if you sleep-you sleep-they do it the exact same way

if a 5 year old wakes up in the middle of the night - they usually have to go---same with a 2 year old

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#3 of 5 Old 12-29-2011, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Both my kids, who were late ecer or early pl'ers depending on your pov, stopped needing to use the bathroom at night very early on- ds was 18 mo and completely diaper free, never woke to pee and slept 12 + hours with only one or two nursing sessions. dd... is not a sleeper to say the least. still wakes plenty and nurses plenty, but doesn't need to potty at night. she is 26 mo.

Kaya (29) + Laume (31) = ds Kanoa (8) and dd Zia (2)

#4 of 5 Old 12-29-2011, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I guess, specifically, I am  wondering--if/when kids generally stop needing to go at night

--is your DO diaper free at night?

DD does naked bum at night but I have to make sure at her first stirring of the night I take her to potty. She usually sits up and calls for (I think she wakes because of bladder but quickly thins about milk). There is probably one or two times a month where she pees in the bed. This keeps my sleep very light because I want to make sure to wake up.

I really wish she would sleep longer. I am tired.

I do not want to but pads on the bed we stopped that well over a year ago.

#5 of 5 Old 12-29-2011, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)

my DS wakes at night because my HD leaves in the middle of the night for work - so he's awaken most of the time and we would offer, now at 3 he goes on his own-he never slept 10 hours straight through and woke to need to go

my DD much older still woke up all thought-out childhood needing to go- some do some don't and both slept from a very early age (2 to 4 months on) 6 to 8 hours at a time and would wake up, go and go right back to sleep - never even came close to 10 hours and didn't awaken at all - I also am not like that

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page