Toddler girl doesn't like men...normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-03-2012, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mamas

My daughter will be three in March and has started saying that she doesn't like men.  This has almost always been in the context of a conversation about people we know (I don't want to see Uncle Adam; Bella's mama can come over, but I don't like Bella's daddy), and is all men and not just a specific person.  Given time, she's comfortable with them (example, yesterday one of her friends came over with her dad and Fiona hid upstairs, but once she came downstairs she probably spent more time talking to her freind's dad than her freind).  She's with either DH or me 90% of the time, and there are only female teachers at her small pre-school so I don't think this stems from any specific incident.  Is this normal?

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-03-2012, 04:17 PM

My 3 year old dd has NEVER liked men. Even her own grandfathers & uncles. Which is odd to me because she loves her daddy and we have a very male dominated family. This started when she was still a very young toddler, I'd say about 14 months old...she is coming out of her shell a little bit, but still won't talk some of the men in our family without whispering. She is very shy in general but she loves any and all women. She is more friendly with one of my brother's girlfriends than my brother. I think it's just personality honestly.

#3 of 5 Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM

I've heard of this with other toddlers - boys, too - and they did eventually grow out of it.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#4 of 5 Old 01-09-2012, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

DD2 was like that for over a year.

#5 of 5 Old 01-09-2012, 05:40 PM

My ds didn't like most men for a period of time. He grew out of it though.

Tags
Toddlers

User Tag List