Birthday Party Ideas for a 2 Year Old Boy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My son is turning 2 at the end of this month and I am planning his party. We just want a simple, homemade party. Any ideas for themes, decorations, crafts to make or what not? Thanks so much!!

#2 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

These streamers are cool: http://ohhappyday.com/2011/03/zig-zag-accordion-streamers-diy/

SAHM to DD born 12/09 
#3 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 12:54 PM

I made a banner that read "Happy Birthday".  I made felt triangles and sewed the short sides of the triangles onto bias tape.  Then I printed off big size letters and used them as stensils to cut letters out of brightly colored fabric and used fray stop to stop the sides of the letters from fraying.  I then used a glue gun to glue them onto the triangles.

DH and I also made really fun pin wheels out of card stock paper, buttons, gardening wire, and dowling cut to length with a hole drilled in for the wire to go through.

We decorated the cake with fondant icing and used animal cookie cutters to cut out animals from different colored fondant.

I bought some brightly colored stripped fabric at a rummage sale and finished the edges to use as a big, bright table cloth.

I'll post pictures later!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#4 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM

P1030385.JPG

We had a circus theme.  My table cloth is the stripped one on the bottom, my mom brought the Monkey one.

P1030387.JPG

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#5 of 6 Old 01-20-2012, 05:55 AM

We did two crafts at my 2 year old's party.
Decorated plain paper bags with crayons for the goodie bag and made paper plate masks (that was the biggest hit) Adults cut out eye holes, kids colored the plates and then we glued popsicle sticks on so they could hold it up to their faces and look through the holes. We did dancing and ate cake and it was really fun even for the older siblings that came.
I made a Thomas cake that had a track with little train cars and the Thomas engine, then put an Elmo candle in the middle because she loves both Elmo and Thomas.

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#6 of 6 Old 01-23-2012, 06:37 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about activities or crafts. In my experience, it may be difficult to get several 2 year olds to sit still for a craft when they are all running around playing and having fun. Activities can be fun but I have yet to see one at a toddler party where more than one or two kids participated for longer than a few minutes. We did a rainbow theme at DD's party, rainbow fruit skewers, rainbow napkins, etc, etc. We also made a felt banner with her name on it in rainbow colours to hang on the wall. A birthday crown is a fun idea too - I didn't get around to making one unfortunately.

Have fun!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page