NEED the kid to BM, will stoop to bribery (icky, sorry) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OK, this is a little icky, so sorry.

I need DS to poop.  Now, for the first time ever, he won't.  He's had some funky stuff going on down there for over a month, and no real illness (like flu, or anything), nor do we have juice, which is a common trigger, so I took him into the Dr.

She wants to test for parasites/viruses just to rule them out, and then also do a blood test for Celiac's Disease.  (I started baking our own bread a few months ago.  It is delicious and we've eaten more of it.)

DS has been totally day trained since he was 2, and generally enjoys his time to himself in there; takes a book and reads/sings, etc. 

Now that I need him to go, he absolutely won't.  Well, he will, just not in the collection bowl so I can get samples ready.  (EWE.)  He's gone a week with 1 BM, which he snuck in while friends were visiting and didn't tell anyone, so I didn't have anything set up.  Normally I have it in there all the time just for this, but,since we had people over, I thought that might be odd for them. 

ARG!

I will bribe, I will do whatever, I don't care.  I just need him to go one time in this bucket.   I can't really tell if he is scared of the bucket, or just enjoying the control of the situation... ack!  (He will say he is scared, but he says it with a grin.)

Any  suggestions?

#2 of 4 Old 02-07-2012, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Load him up on prune juice? There is OTC kids colace that can make it easier for them to go, let's put it this way, they have a harder time holding it in with that stuff! We had to go that route once when DD2 was 3 and she got impacted due to codeine she was on, she then was terrified to poop and wouldn't. Good luck. Doesn't it seem like when you don't want them to poop, like at the pool then they will, and when you want poop, you get none. eyesroll.gif

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 4 Old 02-09-2012, 10:58 AM

When my older dd was having poop issues we gave her Natrual Calm magnesium supplement. Worked like a charm. I use it when I am having ahem...problems. 

As for the collection, could you use something like clear plastic wrap under the toilet seat? Sounds gross but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Dd Sydney 3/06 & Dd Lola 2/10
#4 of 4 Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the advice!!!

Finally went (after a mild laxative).  Poor guy, it wasn't very comfortable for him since he had hung on for so long. 

I hope now that the pressures off, we won't have lasting issues.

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page