3 year old potty regression and defiance - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2012, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there! I'm new to the community and I need some advice on my 3 year old daughter. She was potty trained at 2 years, but recently she has been peeing in her pull ups and never using the potty. We ask her if she needs to go, we keep her step stool and seat on the potty, and we let her pick out her own pull ups. Every time she pees herself and we ask her why she responds with the same comment; "Because I shouldn't do that anymore" or "Because I want to stop peeing in my panties." I'm so frustrated. I tried putting her back in diapers and she couldn't care less. She never used to have accidents! Any advice is appreciated. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Jordan, I'm new here too. My two and a half year old has been potty trained for a while but some days she just refuses to use the potty. I've noticed that when she isn't feeling well she has accidents. And latelly she's trying to hold it in until she cant no more. Usually when she is entertained with something and doesn't want to stop what she's doing. I explained this to someone with experience and lots of knowlege on the subject, she simply said that we hold it in sometimes, but we are just better at it! She also told me not to put diapers on her, let her feel wet, because with pullups she wont feel uncomfortable. And to have her help clean up the mess. But never to yell at her or punish for this. LOL, she just did it right now! So my advice is to not put disposable diapers on her, thats going back again.Even if it means accidents in public places, it's happend to me, nothing that a mop and a change of clothes can't fix. Remind her constanly about going to the potty, have her sit on it even if she says she doesnt have to go. I take my toddler to the bathroom every couple of hours, depending on how much liquid she drank. And I have a portable potty in the car and have her sit on it before we get out.  Maybe buy her a new set of cute character underwear and tell her that she cant dirty them cause then you will have to give them away to another kid that uses the potty. And reward her everytime she goes, stickers are great for this! Good luck!

Peace, Love, Freedom and Happiness... and cats!
Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Jordan, I'm new here too. My two and a half year old has been potty trained for a while but some days she just refuses to use the potty. I've noticed that when she isn't feeling well she has accidents. And latelly she's trying to hold it in until she cant no more. Usually when she is entertained with something and doesn't want to stop what she's doing. I explained this to someone with experience and lots of knowlege on the subject, she simply said that we hold it in sometimes, but we are just better at it! She also told me not to put diapers on her, let her feel wet, because with pullups she wont feel uncomfortable. And to have her help clean up the mess. But never to yell at her or punish for this. LOL, she just did it right now! So my advice is to not put disposable diapers on her, thats going back again.Even if it means accidents in public places, it's happend to me, nothing that a mop and a change of clothes can't fix. Remind her constanly about going to the potty, have her sit on it even if she says she doesnt have to go. I take my toddler to the bathroom every couple of hours, depending on how much liquid she drank. And I have a portable potty in the car and have her sit on it before we get out.  Maybe buy her a new set of cute character underwear and tell her that she cant dirty them cause then you will have to give them away to another kid that uses the potty. And reward her everytime she goes, stickers are great for this! Good luck!

Peace, Love, Freedom and Happiness... and cats!

Tags
Toddlers
User Tag List