Teething Toddler (Molars) - Any Silver Bullets? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-25-2012, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Officially pulling my hair out here. We are rural in MN, which means too cold to play outside, she's teething, she's pissed, she doesn't want to sleep or eat or want in anything in general, and I can only take her grocery shopping so many times in a week before we are both broke and going to get fat! We are doing Hyland's and Tylenol. What, if anything, was your silver bullet for molars?

HELP!

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#2 of 11 Old 02-25-2012, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Forget hylands. Alternate every 3 hours Tylenol and Motrin. Molars are hell, and Tylenol didn't do squat for my little guy, but if I gave him Motrin, Tylenol halfway between doses would get us to the next dose of Motrin. Of course, we only did this when the pain was intolerable (which it sounds like it is).
#3 of 11 Old 02-25-2012, 08:43 PM

http://camiliateething.com/

this is the BEST natural stuff out there!!!  works instantly! My circle of friends swear by it!! My LO was an easier teether until the molars hit.

we used the camilia for most nights and when it was just unbearable for her we gave her ibuprofen...but honestly the camilia took the edge off and got her through.  

Cloth diapering, Babywearing, Breastfeeding first time mama! Our bundle of joy was born June 15, 2010
#4 of 11 Old 02-26-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super~Single~Mama View Post

Forget hylands. Alternate every 3 hours Tylenol and Motrin. Molars are hell, and Tylenol didn't do squat for my little guy, but if I gave him Motrin, Tylenol halfway between doses would get us to the next dose of Motrin. Of course, we only did this when the pain was intolerable (which it sounds like it is).

This.  Exactly.  :)

#5 of 11 Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 PM

I tried Tylenol with DD a couple of times and was like "oh psh this doesn't work!" and gave up on painkillers.  Then, I figured out to use ibuprofen.  HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Find some baby ibuprofen, it's the "silver bullet" of which you speak.  If it seems to be wearing off before the second dose is allowed (6 hrs) do acetaminophen halfway between like Super Single Mama mentioned. 

Oh and we are in molar teething hell too right now.  I hope it gets better for you all soon!

#6 of 11 Old 03-09-2012, 06:50 AM

I did teething tablets in conjunction with Tylenol Meltaways.  No clue which helped, but I suspect it was the Tylenol.  He loves both, so there's that.

No teething toy, product, or frozen cloth has ever helped either of my kids when they were teething, btw. 

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#7 of 11 Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 AM

I second camilia- it's absolutely amazing! and amazon carries it if your local store doesn't.
#8 of 11 Old 03-09-2012, 07:07 AM

My 2 year old is getting molars too, she was up all night and I didn't realize it was teething until this morning!  Everytime we went in to check on her she would immediately stop crying and ask us to read books or play.  Anyway, I will be giving her ibuprofen before naptime today.   It really does work better than tylonel.

Mama to three

#9 of 11 Old 03-12-2012, 09:01 AM

we're there too, although ds is sleeping right now. I suspect we're only getting started. He was a terrible teether for all this teeth, so we have perfected a system over the months. Ibuprofen definitely works better for us as it's an anti-inflammatory so helps with the swelling and pressure. I also discovered Traumeel, a homeopathic anti-inflammatory. I buy it as a cream and rub just a bit on his face at bedtime. he goes from restless to able to fall asleep. He's at an age now that he rubs it on his own face and enjoys doing this. But the ibuprofen comes out on the bad nights.

good luck

lovepickles likes this.

married to DH, mother to two amazing little boys born May 18/2010 and May 20/2013!

Infertility has been part of this journey - no more littles for us, but so grateful we have two happy healthy boys and we can now begin to heal from that experience

#10 of 11 Old 03-12-2012, 10:44 AM

We are getting canines and molars! One night M will sleep pretty well then the next he's up whining all night!!! During the day he's pretty destracted and generally happy, but night time is AWFUL!!! 

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#11 of 11 Old 03-12-2012, 06:02 PM

Thanks fullofhope08 you totally gave me an idea. We have arnica cream in our cabinet ... it is one of many in the traumeel cream but we will give it a shot.

SAHM to DD born 12/09 

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page