Vtech InnoTab vs Leapfrog LeapPad Explorer - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Are either of these useable with toddlers?

The Vtech InnoTab lists "age 3 and up".

The Leapfrog LeapPad Explorer lists "age 4 and up".

Any recommendations if one is better than the other?

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#2 of 7 Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 AM

You know...we couldn't decide either.  So last week we went out and bought DD a Nabi at Toys R Us since they were on sale.  http://www.nabitablet.com/  I think they are geared toward a 4 year old, but I downloaded all of the baby/Toddler apps from the Amazon app store that she used to play with on my phone and she's having a ball with it.  My parents think we're crazy...but she really loves it.  :)  Talk about being plugged in to the modern world!  She just turned 18 months old.

#3 of 7 Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 PM

I'm happy I came across this post because I have been debating whether or not I should buy my 15 month old the Leap Pad. My family also thinks I'm crazy, but my daughter loves my phone and all of the baby apps that I have on it, but I'm worried she is going to ruin it one of these days. I'll look into the Nabi, I like cheaper. :)

#4 of 7 Old 03-07-2012, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the link, will check it out.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#5 of 7 Old 03-07-2012, 03:04 PM

We don't have either of those but my son (age 3) was given the Leapster Explorer (takes the same games and apps as the LeapPad Explorer) for Christmas.

I used to be SUPER anti-screen time/video games/etc for kids but it has truly made a huge difference in his fine motor skills.  He doesn't play much or for long because he really doesn't have much of an attention span but the Mr Pencil Saves Doodleburg game really has helped him a lot- more than a year+ of paper and pencil work with me.  I've noticed that he's much less frustrated with his paper and crayon art projects now that he can proficiently draw different types of lines and circles.  

I do have a rule that he doesn't get the branded (such as Disney) games.  We are still trying to stave off the brand-mania as long as possible!

#6 of 7 Old 03-07-2012, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Ds also has the leapster explorer and loves it. Mr. Pencil, pet pals 2, and jewel train are his favorites. He has other games for it and the camera attachment as he loves taking pictures.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#7 of 7 Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 AM

The Vtech seems simpler to use for Smaller Toddlers.  Honestly Kids are so smart and tech savy these days I think they can easily use these tablets.  Plus, the VTECH is way chepaer.  Its 79.99 at Amazon. Here is Link.

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page