Mothering Forum banner

How does your toddler prefer to sit?

Tags
toddlers
639 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Carhootel 
#1 ·
DS (3yo) seems to kneel almost all the time -- when playing, eating, etc. I almost never see him just sitting & he has trouble getting into a cross-legged position. Does this have the same concerns as w-sitting or is it normal/OK? If he's not kneeling, he's standing. He CAN sit, legs straight out, in fact that's about the only way he falls asleep -- he hates hates hates to lay down. So maybe sitting puts him to sleep so he chooses to kneel, IDK. He also complains his back hurts once every couple of days, I don't know if this is at all related. What positions does your toddler spend most of the day in??

#2 ·
My 14 month old son also seems to be in between W and kneeling position. He's unable to sit cross-legged and doesn't seem super comfortable with his legs in front of him (for playing at least). I try to correct W position as much as possible. I was wondering if he lacked abs to sit in another position. I read W position gives them the most balance even though it's incorrect posture.

#4 ·
The fact that he dislikes and is uncomfortable or unable to sit cross legged well would concern me a little. I would try doing some chiropractic care. I've only taken DS twice but they noticed that he was favoring one leg and a simple adjustment helped a lot! My 3yo DS now sits cross legged or in any position really. Whatever suits his needs at the moment but cross legged is very common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.