When your toddler calls you to account... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I thought it would be fun to share the times that our toddlers have called us to account for our actions.  They sure do pay attention!  Here's mine, from yesterday:

We were driving somewhere, and were late, as usual.  I was trying to make phone calls for work, eat breakfast, etc. etc. while also driving.  bag.gif  (Yes, I admit it, I'm that person on the roadway.  It's a terrible habit.) 

So, while navigating a narrow hairpin turn at high speed, I was also digging in my purse for something, and taking a sip of coffee, and suddenly a little voice pipes up from the backseat: "Mama, why you holding on to your coffee instead of holding onto the steerin' wheel?"  blush.gif 

What could I say?  I thanked my precocious child for paying attention to how badly I was driving, put everything down and drove much more attentively for the rest of the trip.   

Anyone else?

I'm traveling the world with my kids without ever leaving home and blogging about it -- watch, taste, and share our adventures at TheGlobalStayCation.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 07:58 AM

I was goofing around at lunch and put a whole apple slice in my mouth to make a monkey face. My 3yo solemly said, "Mama, that's not good manners. That's not good manners with apples." I laughed and told her she was absolutely right. Busted! lol.gif

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Old 03-27-2012, 07:44 PM

My 2.5yr old DD has become a fussy eater. She doesn't want to try things and automatically says she doesn't like over 1/2 the stuff on her plate. So we have instigated the 3 bites rule. She has to try 3 bites of something before she decides that she doesn't like it.

Well, we make a mixed grain porridge for breakfast and we put apples, pears, nuts, etc in it. We ask her for ideas of what to put in.

She decided that she wanted avocado in it. At first I said no, that avocado doesn't go into porridge. But then I decided "why not? Who am I to say what shouldn;t go in her porridge". So I gave her cubed avocado on the side for her to put in her own bowl.

She wanted me to try it. I said "No, I do not like avocado in my porridge"

And she says "You have to try 3 bites first Daddy" Busted.

So I did try it. And you know what? It wasn't half bad!

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 PM

Old 04-13-2012, 10:30 PM

I remember when my mom was busted by my 2-yr old. I was at the grocery store with him one afternoon, and he was starting to have a meltdown while we waited in line. I caved in and handed him his first lollipop (or so I thought) from a jar on the counter, just so we could get out of there without a scene. As I handed it to him, and he looked at it and blurted the first association that came to his mind: "Nana!" I was like, "What?!" Yes, she'd already give him one without my knowledge....and we've had many more 'candy talks' since then. ;-) 

Old 04-14-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyPerch View Post

I remember when my mom was busted by my 2-yr old. I was at the grocery store with him one afternoon, and he was starting to have a meltdown while we waited in line. I caved in and handed him his first lollipop (or so I thought) from a jar on the counter, just so we could get out of there without a scene. As I handed it to him, and he looked at it and blurted the first association that came to his mind: "Nana!" I was like, "What?!" Yes, she'd already give him one without my knowledge....and we've had many more 'candy talks' since then. ;-) 

Ha! That reminds me of another one. My mom gets really excited sometimes when we're out with the kids. Once when my son was around 3 we went to one of our local libraries she'd never seen, and she was loudly pointing out the games and puppet theater and stuff. DS said in an exaggerated whisper, "Grandma, you're not using your library voice!" She and I just about died laughing (quietly).

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Tags
Toddlers
User Tag List