Asking for a diaper - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

PTing using the naked approach with success using potty several times per day for both #1 and #2. Occasionally (a few times per day) she asks for a diaper. It happens when she needs to go but doesn't want to sit on the potty. How do you handle it? Give her the diaper, try to distract/say no, or some third option? I've been trying to distract when she asks for the diaper, then encouraging a little potty time soon after, but sometimes she is quite insistent about wanting the diaper, or will bring me one and ask me to put it on her. When she does this I usually oblige and put the diaper on, but wondering if I'm sabotaging our PT efforts. She's almost 2.5.

#2 of 3 Old 04-29-2012, 10:55 PM

I am not much help, but I did read somewhere that if your child insists on a diaper, you can try laying a clean diaper in a portable type potty so that they can see it and hopefully sit on the potty and  "use" it.

:)

Cloth diapering, Babywearing, Breastfeeding first time mama! Our bundle of joy was born June 15, 2010
#3 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. That's a good idea!

She's not asking so much now ... getting more comfy with the potty. But there are still times she wants a diaper. I'll try this.

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page