Preschool pick-up conflicting with baby napping - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please, does anyone have a solution to this? My 4 year old has preschool until 12. Baby is 19 months, and just can't make it to 12:30 for his nap. He is now crashing in the car with the babysitter on days he doesn't get a morning nap, and then going down for a late second nap because he wakes when they get back. He is having a very hard time with the nap transition, because we can't just gradually push out the nap time. Instead, it has to be down early and up by 10:30 in order to get a second nap in (which doesn't always happen) or down at 10 and up by 12 or down after 12, but he can rarely make it that long. Our bedtime is all over the place depending on what kind of a day he has had. What do people do?? On some days, I can work from home while sitter goes to get 4 yo, but not all days. :(

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#2 of 4 Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

At 19 months or so (maybe it was 18 months, can't remember) my daughter transitioned into 1 nap from 2, so your son might be soon to do that too. Is that late second nap an issue? Can the babysitter keep him asleep and put him to bed after the pickup when they get home?

#3 of 4 Old 05-09-2012, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

What about wake-up time?  Does he have to be up at a certain time to bring your older child to preschool, too?  Because you could try doing a later bedtime and wake-up time so that he is well-timed for a single 12:30 nap. 

#4 of 4 Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We have school pick up/nap issues as well , have for several years and will for a few more. Sigh. By 19 months my kids were doing one nap, maybe they would wanted to do two but it really wasn't an option for them with school. We did one starting at 12:30, it was hard to get them to last that long, I would driving home singing in the car trying to keep them awake!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page