Stroller Suggestions? :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So DH set our stroller on the car trunk to put in before we left. Um, we didn't put it in and sadly it got knocked off and we backed over it. Yeah, the seat is completely broken. greensad.gif It's kinda okay though because I wasn't a huge fan of that particular stroller anyway! winky.gif

So we need a new one! DS is 20 months and a big and active boy. We don't use the stroller much but really need it for fairs, farmer's markets, long walks, and travelling.

BUT we're expecting a new baby in November so we'll need space for 2 in a stroller come summer 2013. Until then, we only need a stroller for DS but I sure don't want to buy 2 strollers!

Ideas? Suggestions? 

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 10:40 AM

My boys are 2.5 years apart.  We have a Baby Trend sit and stand and a First Years Ignite.  I know you don't want to buy two strollers, but you could buy both for less than $200 total (about $130 for the sit and stand and $60-ish for the Ignite) and I really do like having a single stroller for certain situations.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:10 AM

For a single stroller the MacLaren's are AMAZING. Mine has some serious miles on it, is 2.5yo, and is still the most awesome, sturdy, lightweight, can-go-almost-anywhere-urban stroller ever. I used it to walk over a mile to school every single day for over a year, and it would hold my ds, my backpack, books in the bottom, ds's daycare lunch/sheets/spare clothes/everything else you can think of. I'm serious, I've logged over 200 miles on it and its still awesome.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:50 PM

I have a 2 year old and a 10 month old and I live on a farm so I needed something really robust and able to deal with uneven surfaces etc. I absolutely LOVE my Out n' About Duo. I have gone through several strollers to find one as good and for a reasonable price.  (I managed to get mine 2nd hand and in great condition for £100 from Gumtree!)  The kids will be sitting side by side and the stroller fits through all doors.  

If you are looking for a more tandem style stroller and don't need one that is so robust (ie if you are just using it to go to the store, park etc) then I would recommend the Graco Studio Tandem.  Again this is really affordable and a great buggy but it is just not so good on uneven surfaces.  I used this stroller when my daughter was first born and before we moved to here on the farm and it is a really good stroller with loads of storage space underneath!  It pains me to have to sell it now!

I wouldn't recommend the more expensive strollers (e.g. Phil and Ted) as I have a few friends that have one of these and they wish they had bought my Out n' About instead!

Also if you don't want to buy 2 buggies or a double buggy what about a buggy board? You can attach these to most single buggies and your son can walk for a bit then cruise when he is tiered.  I would recommend the Out n' About single in this case obviously as I am just in love with this buggy as you can tell... :D 

Hope this helps,

Anna 

Old 05-19-2012, 09:06 PM

I can't say more nice things about my city select from baby jogger, I have it for twins but it really is at its best for two different age kids. So many options.
Plus you can have it as a single whenever you need it to be.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 05-22-2012, 01:00 PM

Check THIS one out. Can do a lot of neat things.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Well, I don't know if this would work for you or not, but... we ditched the stroller when my son turned 2. He's just too active for a stroller. The only time I use a stroller now is for jogging. And that's a different stroller, so...

But before then the stroller I loved was this one: http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/strollers/liteway/liteway-juniper.aspx

Things I loved:

- it lays all the way back to flat for sleeping, particularly important when they're itty bitty babies

- it has the 5 point harness thingy so it was safer for the little ones

- it folds up pretty small and is lightweight

- it's a good deal, cheaper than comparable high end strollers but has all the same features

Old 05-23-2012, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I'm leaning toward getting Joovy sit and stand as soon as I find one on Craigslist. Until then my sister loaned us her Maclaren and dang, now I want one of those! Maybe I'll find 2 used strollers for the same price as 1 new one. winky.gif I'm not in any hurry now so I plan on waiting until I find a nice one!

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

User Tag List