Doll for baby boy 1 year - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2012, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi! I have a lovely one year old boy who only received trucks for his birthday and I really would like to get him a doll. He is very affectionate and has lots of love to give and I am expecting another baby in 8 months. I would like to get a soft doll which he can cuddle with but also one that looks fairly realistic so we can prep for the sibling. Does anyone know of a great doll?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 PM

Ikea has cloth baby dolls here in Canada. The really sweet and so cheap. $10!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I was initially going to suggest a Waldorf style doll, but they are not the most realistic dolls.  I know my daughter loved hers though, and it got lots of love.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 06-04-2012, 11:35 PM

DS has this one which he loves

http://www.amazon.com/North-American-Bear-Company-Cheeks/dp/B000G334Z4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338874424&sr=8-2

He also has the Ikea one, he loves that too and much cheaper if you have an ikea near you

Old 06-05-2012, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

thanks! I really like the North American Bear Company Cheeks one.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prone_to_wander View Post

Ikea has cloth baby dolls here in Canada. The really sweet and so cheap. $10!

This!  And I'm in the US.  I got DS (13-14 months old) one of the Ikea dolls for the arrival of his baby sister.  We got this one: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40196302/  But there are African and Asian colorings available as well.

I liked these soft ones so much better than any baby doll I found in the toy aisle at Walmart or Target.

Wife to DH hat.gif (8/1/09), Mom to DS jog.gif (4/28/11) and DD energy.gif(6/16/12).

Old 06-05-2012, 02:26 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

This is my favorite for a one year old. Soft, easy to carry, fair trade, and natural materials.

I don't think realisim means much to a one year old but cuddling does.

http://www.atoygarden.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=601

Old 06-05-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda1 View Post

DS has this one which he loves

http://www.amazon.com/North-American-Bear-Company-Cheeks/dp/B000G334Z4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338874424&sr=8-2

He also has the Ikea one, he loves that too and much cheaper if you have an ikea near you

That's the one DD has and it is her favorite baby doll!

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 PM

I also have a boy. Get a stroller for his baby. All new walkers love a push toy and then, this will teach him to pretend play father/baby.

I can't recommend a doll cos grandma had sewn a doll for my "baby girl" when I was pregnant. I gave it to DS anyways.

It will do great for your son. Boys need opportunities to practice caring and loving too. Also, the change of roles and feeling powerful for caring for a lil clumsy and needy baby. If you give the opportunity they really embrace it.

Married toguitar.gifstillheart.gif, Mom to angel.gif 02/00, DSrainbow1284.gif blahblah.gif 02/10,  babyboy.gifpos.gif 02/13 and cat.gif07/96 delayedvax.gifgd.gifsigncirc1.giffly-by-nursing1.gifcd.gif

Old 06-08-2012, 11:59 AM

I just looked this up on Amazon, and I'm pretty surprised by how much it costs! MIL got DD Recycle Kyle for Christmas (so when she was 17 months) and it's still one of her very favorites at 24 months. I really like that you can take off and put back on the bag, T-shirt, shorts, and shoes (all cloth). We've sent it through the washer & dryer once with no problems either. She's a redhead, too, and I like that the doll is as well. The doll has been pushed around in her umbrella stroller a ton -- she puts her cloth diapers on it -- she even wraps DH's tie around her in order to do babywearing smile.gif I figure it's great practice for the baby brother that's coming in Sept/Oct., but if you were wanting a boy baby doll for your DS, this is one that I don't think would raise any eyebrows with friends/family.

reading.gif, mama to Amelie (May 2010), early loss (October 2011), and James (September 2012) vbac.gif

User Tag List