Mucho privato.. but need help. - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 234 Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

You all are so wrong and so hilarious!!!!

#182 of 234 Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroodyWoodsgal View Post

Dying laughing over here...sinhole..oh my good heavens...hahahhaa. YES.

Also...if ONLY we could take back the word "cunt". That is such a good word...too bad it's been turned so dirty. What is the origin of that word?? I'll have to google that.

I think of my vulva/vagina/uterus/etc much the same way I think of a favorite dog, as far as what I call it is concerned. I have four dogs and they each have a name...it is their name, it's what the vet knows them by and when it is important that they come right away, that is the name I holler.

But between the four crazy mutts I've got...there are about 16-20 "pet names" floating around. Each dog will come to his/her name, but will also come to his/her little pet names, born completely out of affection over the years and very sweet and dear to us. Molly will come to Molly...but also Moolah, Moose or Damn Dog (she's a trash eater and a poop-roller-inner, she can't help it, she loves the smell of poop). All my dogs have at least three pet names.

My "lady parts" are much the same. In the doctors office it's "vulva". If my daughter is itching herself, it's "is your vulva itchy?" - so, like, you know...when it's important that we're clear about things, we call it what it is - but when I'm talking about my glorious birthing experiences...it may be something more in line with "gates of life" or something. When I'm describing my preferred grooming habits...she may be called something more along the lines of "shaggy mistress". When I'm in bed with my husband, in the throes of passion...well, she may go by something that TOTALLY fits in that moment, which would probably sound downright ungodly in the checkout line at the grocery! She's a mysterious lady and wears many hats!! Pee maker, baby birther, pleasure house...there is kind of a lot going on down there, far too much to have only one name for her!

Like my favorite dogs, I've grown attached to my sex organ over the years, she's been marvelous to me! Every phase of life has brought on a deeper level of affection and even more reasons to love that misty underworld...it is a realm that goes by many names! There is nothing "cutesy" about her...but some of my names for her may sound that way to others! Oh well!

Oh, PS, "sugar pot" = STEALING IT! HAhahah (not so "haha" if you actually grew up with adults using this around you seriously...gross!)

Love the pet name anaology and agree completely! 

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#183 of 234 Old 06-21-2012, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbkw View Post

I read this thread yesterday before my OB appointment. While in the room with the detailed anatomical chart, I scanned it for labels. It seems like the part that gets wiped and cleaned is referred to as the "Vestibule". I've never heard that term before but it seems completely benign for anyone who is looking for something of the sort. I guess you would have to explain that there are many different kinds of vestibules, but that would come in time.

• The urethra, vagina, and ducts of the greater vestibular glands open into the vestibule.

Interesting, I've never heard it referred to that way before.  I think some of my uncomfortableness with the word vulva is that I've never even heard a med-pro say it.  My midwife was usually talking about more specific parts (using their proper names) rather than the whole thing, the nurses at my friend's hospital birth I attended kept referring to it as her "bottom".  When I was trying to tell my mom that my vulva (didn't say vulva, can't remember what exactly I said) ached really badly a few days after DS was born, she was trying to clarify where I meant and said, "you mean your, uh, child-birth area?"  Seriously, I don't know that I've ever heard anyone say vulva in real life.  Kind of sad.

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

#184 of 234 Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

BTW, I even though my girls are passed that age where we might do this, I like the idea of a wiping song.

Here's a start, to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot":  

Wipe your little vulva front to back

Urethra, labia, perineum, um..... crack?

I'm being silly, but I like the idea.  Back to the starting block.

And I'm getting over being embarrassed about shouts of "TESTICLES" in the store.  But when the girls point out all the parts of their animals to their grandma, or tell her that their animals are mating, well, that's a bit..... uncomfortable.

I love your song.  I am going to have a hard time not singing it to my potty training little girl.

Mama to three

#185 of 234 Old 06-21-2012, 09:22 PM

I just read this entire damn thread. Thank you all.

Also, I grew up in the south ... and I know LOTS of names skirting around the lady-parts.

And also, I kind of wish I were back in undergrad (my concentration was linguistics) just so I could use this thread as a data set. "It has nothing to do with shame! I just don't like the V-word! Penis is okay, though!" I did get to use "cumdumpster" in a sociolinguistics class, once though.

And finally, at our house (and, in fact, in public) we say "vulva" when we need to. It's correct AND cute thumb.gif

reading.gif, mama to Amelie (May 2010), early loss (October 2011), and James (September 2012) vbac.gif

#186 of 234 Old 06-21-2012, 10:33 PM

this thread reminds me of the good old days on MDC...

#187 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 12:25 AM

I saw this comic today and thought about this thread. 

FWIW, I don't think I even had a name for "it" growing up. Maybe "my thing" but mostly it was left un-talked about. When I got older I used the word vagina to mean all the parts. 

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#188 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 04:27 AM

best comic ever!

nak

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

#189 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielady View Post

That sounds so architechtural! If we're going with building terms, I think veranda has more of a romantic appeal.

Yeah, I thought "vestibule" was a bit weird.  What?  It's the room that the penis stops to kick off it's shoes before walking into the rest of the house? "Veranda" is where we woo it with some sweet tea before we invite it inside......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroodyWoodsgal View Post

Also...if ONLY we could take back the word "cunt". That is such a good word...too bad it's been turned so dirty. What is the origin of that word?? I'll have to google that.

I thought about that and decided not to.  I dare not imagine what kinds of links might be suggested with that search word.....

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#190 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 07:41 AM

Cunt: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cunt#section_1
#191 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I thought "vestibule" was a bit weird.  What?  It's the room that the penis stops to kick off it's shoes before walking into the rest of the house? "Veranda" is where we woo it with some sweet tea before we invite it inside......

I thought about that and decided not to.  I dare not imagine what kinds of links might be suggested with that search word.....

Yeah vestibule is frakkin' gross!! A vestibule is a small room I go into to pull cash out of an ATM...it has terrible carpeting and smells slightly of urine. No no, we shall not be calling our lady cats "vestibules" around here!

Oh and I, too, decided against a google search of the word "cunt"...what with the risk of pulling up viruses...but couldn't help myself and settled on throwing in "etymology" in hopes that I would bring up a "cleaner" search! Well it worked...and I'm even more fascinated by this word now! What a long history!

Here is the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cunt

Apparently there are others out there who believe this word should be "reclaimed"...though it doesnt appear that the word has been used openly as a non-offensive, factual term for the vulva/vagina region since before the renaissance period!  After that it's allll vulgar! Hahaha. So we'd be reclaiming it from, basically, "Norsemen of Olde" times. Very interesting stuff.

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

#192 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrosami View Post

Hahahah look at us, cross posting!

#193 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 07:55 AM

how about cunnikin and quim? 

BroodyWoodsgal likes this.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#194 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 10:30 AM

I prefer queynte.
Youngfrankenstein likes this.
#195 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

And I'm getting over being embarrassed about shouts of "TESTICLES" in the store.  But when the girls point out all the parts of their animals to their grandma, or tell her that their animals are mating, well, that's a bit..... uncomfortable.

Teach them to say it like the Greek God of Balls--testiCLEES

#196 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrosami View Post

Robin Williams has a great skit about how using that word gets him thrown out of the house.
#197 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 02:26 PM

I know what you mean. My daughter, 10, and I call it the nethers. As in nether regions. It's funny, light, clean, silly. Takes the embarrassment out of talking about it. Which is good, considering she's getting older.
We call the backside bum, buns, booty. Again, keeping it light, but not dirty sounding.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#198 of 234 Old 06-22-2012, 02:27 PM

BUT she knows the real names also.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#199 of 234 Old 06-23-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post

Teach them to say it like the Greek God of Balls--testiCLEES

I LOVE THIS

reading.gif, mama to Amelie (May 2010), early loss (October 2011), and James (September 2012) vbac.gif

#200 of 234 Old 06-25-2012, 06:38 PM

I was going to suggest a word that we use in french, that (once again, in french) is not a loaded term at all but rather delicate. But I did not know how to say this word in english. In french it is "entrejambe" which means, the space between your legs. I googled it. Turns out in english the word is crotch. Not so delicate. lol.gif

I realise this is not what you want to hear, but our kids know and use the terms vulva, vagina, and clitoris. Not that you want or need to use them all the time. My daughter once asked, rather loudly, if I had wiped my vulva when we were in a public restroom. orngtongue.gif Could you not just say, did you wipe well? 

In other languages they also refer to what you are wiping off, as opposed to the surface being wipe, i.e. did you wipe the last drop? I don't know that the word you are looking for exists. 

What does yoni come from? Is it an adult word or a child word like wee-wee? Just out of curiosity as I haven't heard this term before.

Kaya (29) + Laume (31) = ds Kanoa (8) and dd Zia (2)

#201 of 234 Old 06-26-2012, 12:58 PM

#202 of 234 Old 06-28-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary77 View Post

http://jezebel.com/5921451/i-dont-care-about-your-stupid-vulva-its-all-vagina-to-me

Hee hee!! A popular discussion I guess.

Dying of happiness....what a freaking hilarious blog post. Hahahha.

#203 of 234 Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary77 View Post

http://jezebel.com/5921451/i-dont-care-about-your-stupid-vulva-its-all-vagina-to-me

Hee hee!! A popular discussion I guess.

Too bad its closed to comments. I would have had a few choices things to say to her about continuing the mis-naming of female genitalia. She really isn't doing anyone any favors.
#204 of 234 Old 06-28-2012, 08:27 AM

My 2 year old says vulva. I think its easy to say, correct, and not abrasive at all.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#205 of 234 Old 06-28-2012, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Mulva?

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#206 of 234 Old 06-29-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie8681 View Post

Mulva?

That was a really funny Seinfeld episode!

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#207 of 234 Old 07-01-2012, 02:34 PM

I just read this whole thing! This was a great read :)

(We say vulva with the kids.)

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#208 of 234 Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 PM

Wow, didn't know this was going to be so controversial! Only read the first page.  DD, who is 26 months, says girl parts and butt. I see no need to introduce the words vagina, rectum, anus, vulva, penis, scrotum, or uterus.  She's still mostly baby, and so I am sticking with simple concepts.  She will know the anatomically correct names as she gets older but for now, I don't really see the need. I guess I am in the minority!

Happy fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIF, delayed/selective vaxxing, WOHM to DD1 4/10 diaper.gif, DD2 8/12 babygirl.gif and partner/wife for thirteen years to SAHD DHsuperhero.gif.  

#209 of 234 Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeMama4-4-10 View Post

Wow, didn't know this was going to be so controversial! Only read the first page.  DD, who is 26 months, says girl parts and butt. I see no need to introduce the words vagina, rectum, anus, vulva, penis, scrotum, or uterus.  She's still mostly baby, and so I am sticking with simple concepts.  She will know the anatomically correct names as she gets older but for now, I don't really see the need. I guess I am in the minority!

The standard thinking now is to teach kids all the right names. If the unthinkable were to happen... your children, both girls and boys would have the language to tell a trusted adult what was touched. ..... not just say... "so and so touched my bottom" .
#210 of 234 Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post

The standard thinking now is to teach kids all the right names. If the unthinkable were to happen... your children, both girls and boys would have the language to tell a trusted adult what was touched. ..... not just say... "so and so touched my bottom" .

Stop trying to make sense!

Tags
Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page