Poo getting between the folds - help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-16-2012, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

When DD doesn't tell us she has a poop in her diaper (regular occurrence) it gets squished up between her labia.  DD hates to be cleaned between her labia because it seems to be a little ouchie for her.  When DH or I are cleaning the poop out she fusses and we tell her that she could avoid having her folds cleaned between if she would tell us as soon as she poops.  I've been trying to tone this down a little lately because I'm afraid it sounds to her like having her labia cleaned is punishment for not telling us she pooped right away.  I really worry about urinary tract infections with the poop getting smeared up there and I think it is important for her to make the connection between getting cleaned up quickly and avoiding being wiped in a sensitive place, but how to avoid making it sound like labia cleaning is punishment?  I'm really stumped here.

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-17-2012, 01:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My  DD did not like that either. We did a quick rinse in the bathroom sink with baby soap and it came right off and it was quick. 

#3 of 3 Old 06-17-2012, 02:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I find I have to be super vigilant. DD generally has one BM a day and if it hasn't gotten into the potty or I haven't seen poopface by 3 pm, I start sniffing her and looking down the back of her diaper every half hour lol. I'll make a game of it or swoop her up for a hug or just take advantage of the many times she asks to be up. Depending on the type of diapers you use, your DD may not be that aware of her elimination, especially if the poo is soft enough to smear in. My recommendation is to work to prevent it. Try to identify any signs she gives for pooping and swoop right in, or see if she has a regular pooptime and watch her like a hawk at that time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page