The Silliness Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-13-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought it might be fun to start a thread to share stories of all the crazy/silly/hilarious things our toddlers manage to get into!

I can start.

Yesterday DS and I killed some time at Barnes and Noble while DH was at a doctor's appointment. They have a lego table there, and DS quickly became wrapped up in playing with the colorful duplo blocks. When it was time to go pickup DH, I said, okay time to go! Say bye bye blocks! And I began putting them into a cup in the table. DS freaked out and threw himself onto the table, wailing. Then, he lifted his head and started pulling the blocks from the cup and frantically shoving them in my purse. A sales woman walked by at that point and looked at us a bit sideways. I just wanted to say- I'm not a shoplifter, I just have a toddler. :\

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

#2 of 7 Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just today we were in Old Navy and she was holding a stuffed penguin and trying on hats (something to occupy her while I was shopping for myself). As we headed to the back of the store, in order to return the penguin, she kept saying, wrong way wrong way and hid the penguin under her legs....

haha

------

She wont poo in her diaper anymore, but she doesn't like to go on the toilet either. When she is squiggly and ready to poop, I plop her on the toilet and she claims "Im done" before she has started. And once she has gone, its another 15 minutes sitting on the toilet ... "Are you done?" "No. I'm pooooooing" (even though it seems she has long been done) ... the trials of bodily functions.

------

She is at the "What is that?" stage, every sound, new object or ...anything "What is that?" Sometimes agreeing with my answer, sometimes asking "What is that?" again and again until she gets the answer she is looking for / familiar with.

My son at that age ... a drop of wax was on the table.

him: What is that?

me: A drop of wax. (which sounds like "wacks")

me: A drop of wax.

me: A drop of wax.

him, not satisfied with the answer ...

No mom, it is ONE wack.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#3 of 7 Old 07-13-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Ahhh! One wack! HAHAAHA I love that. Adorable.

#4 of 7 Old 07-15-2012, 02:08 PM

I have some :)

My 3 year old ds, out of nowhere, tilted his head down, slumped his shoulders and became sad-looking.  He even had a frown.  When I asked him what was wrong? "It's okay mama.  One day your vulva will turn into a penis." lol. What?

My two year old has a habit of putting our laundry hampers over his head, and walking around blindly and crashing into things, saying, "Look, dada. Look, dada. Look, dada!" 

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#5 of 7 Old 07-15-2012, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

These are fun. 

Our notable moment:

I'm using the toilet.  DD walks in, looks at me with a shrug and says matter-of-factly, "It was meat."  Huh???  Then I realized she was chewing something, and eventually determined that it was some ham from....maybe the day before?  That she had found on the floor somewhere.  Said to herself, "Hmmm?  What is this?"  Popped it in her mouth, tasted it....and cue bathroom scene.  It was meat.

#6 of 7 Old 07-16-2012, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

AHAHAHA I love these. So funny!

#7 of 7 Old 07-16-2012, 11:28 PM

Okay... I just posted this as an aside in another thread, but it really belongs here.

DS is almost walking now... and often crawls into the hall when I'm working (and presumably boring him). So, the bathroom is pretty child-proofed, but one cabinet lock has become a bit flimsy and Mr. Houdini figured out how to bypass the one with all my hair supplies (headbands, hairbrushes, etc.). So, things get a little too quiet and I peek around the corner to see him sitting in the bathroom doorway with two purple clip-in hair extensions in his lap, teasing each strand out very methodically and seemingly meticulously... I'm very amused, and quietly walk closer to observe, and eventually begin to ask, "What are you...?" at which point he leaps about three inches into the air with that "so totally busted" look on his face that I have never seen before (he's not even 10 months old yet), and then I burst out laughing and he followed suit. I've since replaced the locks, of course. My little hairdresser!!

Moo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page