DD ate a big plastic gemstone - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-26-2012, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter, 2, decided to eat a plastic gemstone off of her plastic tiara today. It's about half an inch in diameter. That's a huge chunk of plastic if you ask me. :(

Anything I need to know? look for? expect?

First time mama to sweet *~....:: Eden Magnolia::....~*  4/3/10
#2 of 3 Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 PM

My daughter, at 3 years old, ate a dime, and ate one of those flat gemstone things from a pirate set (2 separate occasions - you'd think she would have learned the first time, but whatever).  It was flat on one side and beveled on the other, and a good half inch sized, too.  Both um, "came out fine in the end", if you catch my drift.  I would just watch for stomach pain, fever, or other signs of distress and keep an eye on her output to find them and make sure they make their way out.

Good luck!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#3 of 3 Old 07-26-2012, 09:20 PM

We took DD to the emergency room when she swallowed a plum pit last fall.  We were basically told that if she wasn't in any distress, then they wouldn't do an x-ray (the doc said that the most likely place it would get stuck was at the entry point to the stomach, and that it would probably be uncomfortable for her).  They also said to check poop, and that if it didn't emerge in 4-5 days, then to head back to the doctor.  It turned up the next day:)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page