2 years old "cynical vomiting" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-07-2012, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are living in Hong Kong;

my 2 years old and 5 months old gets car sick easily. She usually vomits when she gets car sick, but the vomiting usually stops after the ride is over or at most after a nap after the ride.

Since April, we went to a long trip to China, she vomited the whole day even after the trip and for the next 2 day, so we took her in the hospital.  She was in the hospital for 4 days with iv drops, then she was released home, the doctor suspected it was Noro virus.  

In June, we went to a friend's birthday event in Hong Kong, then she continues to vomit for one whole day, this time we took her to the hospital the same night, she continues to vomit in the hospital, this time she was in the hospital for 5 days!   The diagnosis came back with no virus or infection, the same doctor confirmed that she has cynical vomiting, which only happens for 6 years old and above, but it was the best explanation for her

Now in Aug, after a trip back from Taiwan to Hong Kong, she does it again, I am a bit concerned if she is really "cynical vomiting" and is hesitant to take her in the hospital again, since it's really painfully to see her on the IV drops without any effective results!

Now I am giving her Oral rehydration solution slowly, hoping her vomiting would stop soon. Sigh.

#2 of 5 Old 08-07-2012, 07:42 PM

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/cvs/

Is this what you are talking about? This sounds really stressful.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 5 Old 08-07-2012, 07:54 PM

Since it occurs with travel, what jumps to my mind is a change in what she is eating. If there was something different that she ate, then it might be a food allergy.

Ginger tea works well to alleviate nausea and vomiting.

Keep a diary of what she eats and whether she has nausea or vomiting.
#4 of 5 Old 08-08-2012, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Adaline'sMama: yes it is, and it's very stressing as she vomit whatever she eats to the point of dehydration

Pek64: there's no sign of food poisoning from the doctor diagnosis, but will try the ginger tea, thanks for the advice. She's eating just porridge for now 

#5 of 5 Old 08-08-2012, 05:24 AM

I'm thinking food allergy or intolerance. If she is eating something she normally doesn't eat, then she might be allergic. If she has this problem only when eating out, it might be hard to track down the allergen.

I hope you find the cause and the ginger tea helps.

Please let me know if the ginger helps.

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page