sahm's of toddlers- when do you work out? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 08-30-2012, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I work part time from home and so during nap time and bedtime I'm on the computer.  I had to find something to fit in while 2.5 DD is awake.  What has been working for me is biking.  DD does not like to sit still, so stroller walks aren't for us.  DD knows that somewhere along the biking route we'll stop at a playground for a little while and that seems to help.  I originally had a bike seat added on to the back of my bike, but I found it a hassle.  Too difficult to balance the bike while loading/unloading the toddler.  I recently got a bike trailer and it's working out better.  On the pro side, she gets to play with toys along the way and it is also safer (not as far to fall should it tip over).  On the con side though is that it is a lot more work for me as the biker, but hey, it's exercise, right?  I get from 30-45 minutes a day and am really enjoying it.

Plus, on the days you are riding by yourself you feel like such an athlete because you're going so fast with no trailer to lug!

DD#1 arrived 2/7/10!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page