Son going to preschool 2.5 hr/ 5 day wk not potty trained n not. Circumcised - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-02-2012, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is going to be going to public preschool In town elementary school 5 day a wk 8-10:30am.
He is not potty trained n that is ok they said just has to be in pullups. But I concerned about him pooping n needing to be changed. Cause he is uncircumcised. Maybe it just a fear that they will retract foreskin. Because his old pei did at his 3 day old visit.n that was it. Cause I changed his pedi. Would u be concerned?

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

#2 of 6 Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Whomever is in changing the kids who are not potty trained has probably seen a million bottoms and everything under the son. I don't think you should be concerned. But if you are, mention it to the staff and explain that cleaning is fine. Be specific about what you are talking about.

#3 of 6 Old 09-04-2012, 05:53 PM

this website had stickers that you can put on the front of your sins diaper for school, i would totally do that and not for a second assume the school worker knows what to do at all.

http://www.thewholenetwork.org/decals.html

i once saw another site that had a ton more , but cant find it now.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#4 of 6 Old 09-04-2012, 06:17 PM

They have most likely had this question before, but even if they haven't its always good to make sure the daycare knows what you want done or not done in caring for your child.

Free hugs! hug2.gif

#5 of 6 Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM

Depending on where you are most likely they have seen many intact boys (in most of the country less than half of the boys are circ'd now). 

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#6 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 06:53 AM

I would just tell them. It really does depend where you are, and I wouldn't assume they know what to do. At my son's old daycare, the person in the baby room said she had NEVER had an intact boy. Never. Not until mine. And she had been doing it for several years. 

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page