Please tell me this is normal... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-05-2012, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Edited in case of perverts. 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-05-2012, 06:13 PM

My kids never have(though my youngest has always been immensely interested in his penis and still is at 4), I have heard it is VERY common!

Cassie, mom to Alex(4/7/05), Aidan(7/12/07), and Andrew(8/18/08)

#3 of 10 Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My kids didn't either, but I believe it is common. I had a friend whose daughter would masturbate against the banister to the point of getting completely sweaty. I would not worry! Exploring and masturbation is normal and appropriate in the sense that it feels good. For my 2yo it's not very frequent, but just wanting to put things in, and I mostly try to make sure it's just her clean hands! 

#4 of 10 Old 09-08-2012, 07:51 PM

Plenty normal!  I had a daughter was always 'at it'   - and a son who was not interested in his penis at all!   I have a 2yr old son now ....we'll see how he does....

My daughter probably started later on - i remember when she was 5 and first rode a horse, she came home and rode the furniture for weeks!   I do remember confiding in a friend and she said her daughter - at like 18 months was humping things - especially the little bath ring (this is more than 15 years ago) that had a piece that came up between her legs. 

i definitely think its normal....much as i cringed when it happened....gotta say its normal.  Everyone expects it from the boys, turn about's fair play!

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#5 of 10 Old 09-09-2012, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, I came on to try to see if anybody else had posted about this. THANK YOU for sharing! DD is just under 14 months, and she's been doing this for a while. It seems like many times we put her in her stroller, car seat, high chair...anything with a strap between the legs, she does a full body workout rubbing against it. She gets all faraway and sweaty. I just don't really know what to do in those moments. Do I give her some privacy or what? I'm actually glad that she's exploring and I mostly want to make sure I don't do anything do make her feel ashamed of it.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#6 of 10 Old 09-10-2012, 10:44 PM

My son does this from time to time too! Totally normal! 

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#7 of 10 Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 PM

Normal! When my DD was 4 I used to have to discreetly pull her off of other people's sofa arms when we were visiting friends smile.gif
#8 of 10 Old 09-11-2012, 11:52 PM

My DD2 is 2 yrs old and is doing this too. So what do you do in this situation?

Maegen, adventurous wife to DH, loving mom to my beautiful DD's and expecting another babe in March 2012!

#9 of 10 Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Same question as Fly Girl... I certainly don't want to introduce the element of shame (i got enough of that when i was a kid) but are there suggestions that have been grntle and successful when out in public? At home, do you distract them after a certain amount of time or just let them go at it? Lol...
#10 of 10 Old 09-14-2012, 08:24 PM

Totally normal! I know you are supposed to tell them it is okay if they want to touch themselves there but it is something that you do in private so they are free to go to their bedrooms if they want. But there really isn't any way to explain that to a 2 year old! in that case, I would just distract them! Pretend you don't notice (so as not to shame them) and offer them something fun to do (besides that lol!). If they are home, I guess just let them be but in public, distract. redface.gif

Proud Mama to Abigail Noelle and Brady Phoenix (August 29, 2009) and Claire Zoe (October 26, 2010)  love.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page