a thank you - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-18-2012, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
This is a thank you to the mommas (and daddys I'm guessing) of the mothering forums. I (like may of us probably) am not on nearly as much as I used to be. BUT I've found that reading the topics here really creates a change in my parenting. When I read about mommas with angry kids, aggressive kids, kids that won't use the potty, kids that pee anywhere BUT the potty, kids that need to learn X, etc, the responses always inspire me to be better. I am reminded to be kind to myself and DS, to be patient with myself and DS, and to pay more attention to him. That this behavior isn't the end of the world, that many have been there and are there right along with me. I'm reminded that DS isn't "bad", he's a toddler. I read tips on coping and appreciating. And I don't have to worry (much) about weeding out parenting styles that are contrary to what I believe in.

So thank you to all the parents asking advice, giving advice, and sharing tips and resources and stories. blowkiss.gif

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#2 of 3 Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aww... that's so sweet!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 3 Old 09-23-2012, 05:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

This place is great! I came here most often when my son was a baby. He's my first and there is such a steep learning curve. MDC made that curve less steep. I have read loads of good parenting books, but there is no replacement for other parents who've BTDT sharing their experience and tips and tricks. Sometimes none of the advice I've gotten here helped, and I just had to wait it out. In those times it helped tremendously knowing I wasn't alone, and having people who'd come out the other side tell me "this too shall pass". I try to pass along my positive stores to other mamas too, to give back some of what I've received from the circle of parents here. Even though it's important to have other mamas in person to share support with, it can be hard to find them (although I can also credit MDC with introducing me to three mamas who have since become good friends....and I am in Europe!) , and then hard to find the time to get together as often as we'd like. I love that MDC is always here for me. joy.gif

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page