What time does your non-napping toddler/preschooler go to bed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, naps are gone at our house...and my 2.5 year old is going to bed upstairs at 6:00pm (and I'd put money that he sleeps until at least 7am--he NEEDS 13 hours to function and suddenly started putting it all at night).  What time does your non-napper go to bed (and what time does he/she wake up?

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#2 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Aside from tonight eyesroll.gif, she's usually asleep in her bed at 6 sharp, and generally awake for the day between 6 - 6:15.  I would LOVE to push this schedule back some, but she's the type of kid with an innate wake-up time that never ever seems to change.  I have been trying for her whole life to push her bedtime back, and somehow it always backslides to 6 or even earlier (shrug).  If it helps, I give her dinner at 5, then eat with DBF after she goes to bed, and generally try to prep dinner the night before.  And my 1976 kids' nursery songs tape is the only thing that gets her from 4:30 - 5:30 without completely breaking down.  But 6 - 10 p.m. is some awesome alone time!

#3 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Wow, my 2 1/2 daughter takes no nap, then stays up until 8:30.  The last hour is miserable, she is tired and frustrated but will not go down.  At daycare she naps every time, for 2-3 hours.  And if my mom is over, she will nap with her, but just refuses with me.  I sometimes resort to the car to get her to nap a little.  It seems too soon for her to be dropping a nap which is why I read this post!  At least your kids go to bed early so you get some time at night!

#4 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 AM

My 2 1/2 year-old son stopped taking naps months ago. shrug.gif Very rarely he'll fall asleep in the car and take a nap for an hour, but then he has trouble going to sleep at night. We're flexible on bedtime. Anywhere between 8:30 and 9:30 is good for us, although I tend to go for 8:30. He usually sleeps about 12 hours at night.

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#5 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 AM

On the days that my 2 1/2 year old decides not to nap (grr!) he'll be asleep by 7:30/ 8pm and will sleep until 7/8 am.  So usually 11-12 hours of sleep.

#6 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 AM

Well, it depends.

DS hasn't napped in forever, but if we are in the car he'll nap for the duration of the ride..but that doesn't affect bedtime too much.

On normal days he's down between 8-8:30pm and up between that time so just about 12 hours of sleep. 

Sometimes he wakes up super early (think 6) and than he will be in bed by 7...I just try to get him down within 12 hours of wake time! 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#7 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

We're hoping to bump his bedtime back to 6:30/7 buttttt, since he's trying to fit 13-14 hours of sleep in overnight, that means waking up too late for the rhythm of our family (I fear the time change).  We DO enjoy the evening hours tho' of adult time...

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#8 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 PM

Dd2.75 goes to bed at 6:45 on days she does not nap. If she does take a short nap (maybe 30 min before we have to pick up ds at school, only happens when she's beyond exhausted), she will be asleep by 7:15. She wakes up between 7-7:30 am. We have to be up to take ds to school.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page