Christmas presents? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-11-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Anyone want to brainstorm some good toddler gifts with me?  I'm having a really hard time figuring out what to get my daughter for Christmas.  She's 2.5 now, and barely plays with toys.  When she does, she uses them in unpredictable ways, so it's tough to say what toys will or will not be hits.  She will play with her babies, but I think she's happier making beds for them with towels and blankets than if she had baby doll accessories.  She doesn't play with her trains.  She occasionally plays with her musical instruments, but has a lot and doesn't need more.  Doesn't play with her puzzles.  Occasionally plays with her blocks and her play kitchen stuff.  There's just nothing that she's really into, except for books, kids' CDs, and playing in the sink.  I plan to get her a new backpack and stuff it with art supplies and books, maybe get her an Ikea easel....then I'm stumped.  What are you(pl.) planning for your toddler this year?  What do they tend to play with?

#2 of 3 Old 10-11-2012, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmm.. She's got so much stuff already, I'm kinda stumped too. I think we will go the sled/toboggan route since she LOVES being outdoors even in the cold. She's 1.5 so this will be the first winter she can enjoy outside. My other thought is dress up stuff. Carters has great Halloween costumes (more on the boys side - the girl ones aren't so great) and we picked up a lion for Halloween. She's already asking to wear it all the time around the house as she chases the cats, roaring lol. It's a hoodie plus a pair of fleece pants so very practical and I'll let her wear it wherever if she likes. I'm thinking of getting the elephant one too for Christmas so she can dress up as animals and play. Carters also has great dress up beads on an elastic and she loves to put them on and take them off so I'll probably get her another one. Maybe clearance Halloween stuff like hats she can put on and play in.
Just some ideas I'm working with. Maybe a trainset.... We will see :-)
#3 of 3 Old 10-11-2012, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I have already bought a water table for my 2.5yo as her "big" present (Christmas = summer here). Also going to get her a couple of books and some clothes for her rag doll. I'm hoping to make her a patchwork throw but may not get it done in time.

My mum has bought her a set of pretty sheets for her bed.

We're a bit the same, there's nothing which she absolutely adores to make present buying easy. It's only recently that she's started to dress her doll in her own clothes which gave me that idea.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page