Please... Just make her poop in the potty! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 01-26-2013, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine has had major regression since I posted earlier in the thread. While she had been 100% pee trained for a few months and partially poop trained, she now pees and poops in her pull up much of the time. Underwear doesn't help - she just pees and poops in it, and couldn't care less. And having her help clean wet/poopy underwear doesn't help her either.

The only thing that works for her is having her naked from the waist down, which I do whenever we're home. Then she's 100% for putting pee and poop in the potty - luckily, she does not like to void on the floor.

For her, it's just going to take time, and I've mostly accepted that things will have to be entirely on her schedule rather than even remotely on mine.

We've tried every type of incentive (mostly positive and a bit negative), and every other type of trick I've ever read about on here and other resources. She has been physically ready to be 100% potty trained for months, but is obviously not mentally ready. DD is a super spirited kiddo in every sense, and this is just par for our course.

So my current strategy is keeping her bottom naked while at home, giving a smattering of matter-of-fact of praise when she goes potty, and keeping my mouth shut about anything potty related at other times. Frustrating, but it will happen eventually.
#32 of 37 Old 01-27-2013, 01:23 PM

Have you tried pants without underwear? That will feel less like a diaper/pull up without making you stay home.

#33 of 37 Old 01-27-2013, 05:42 PM

She is happy to pee or poop in pants w/o underwear, unfortunately. Only a buck naked bottom makes her prefer the potty these days. Thanks for the good suggestion, though! smile.gif
#34 of 37 Old 01-28-2013, 12:15 PM

Following this thread as DD (3 as of November) does not want to poop in the potty either. She has pooped once in the potty completely and a handful of times she started pooping in a pull-up and finished on the potty. Mostly I've been trying to be chill about it with gentle reminders, offering rewards (which worked great for peeing), and taking her to the potty when she shows signs of needing to poop. Maybe I will try to get her to poop in the bathroom, even if it is in her pull-up, that might be a good way to get her used to it, because she always wants to go hide in her poop hiding spots and be by herself, so if I could that habit changed to going to the bathroom, the potty might not be far off. My Mom informed me I also did not like pooping in the potty, so I guess she comes by it honestly. It is starting to annoy me as I am sure she knows when poop is coming, but I am trying to keep that to myself (and DH). She is so stubborn I worry about trying to push it too much, I dunno, bleh!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#35 of 37 Old 01-28-2013, 01:30 PM

Quinalla, you could try taking her to the bathroom when she's about to poop and then giving her privacy. Step outside the door and close the door (maybe not latch it, but close it 90% of the way). Maybe this will help make the bathroom her "poop place" and once it's established you could work on getting the poop into the potty.
#36 of 37 Old 01-29-2013, 09:23 PM

i really cant recommend more the book Oh Crap, Potty Training she is just amazing (and our kind of mom to boot) and has been potty training peoples kids for 12 years! thats a lot of kids. the book is just a 15 buck download and worth every penny, it has a whole huge chapter on just poop, she address a lot of what has been talked about here.

i have my 25m twins well on their way to potty trained bliss in just the last 4 days thanks to her and have really appreciated how she brings up and debunks a lot of myths and "common wisdom" her explanations make so much sense.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#37 of 37 Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM

Right there with you.  I am so over the diapers too. Being super pregnant does not help (I am sooo tired of dealing in other people's excrement...it's a sensory experience I totally do NOT want to be having right now.  And unfortunately DS will NOT let anyone but mama change him, so here we are).

I have to keep reminding myself that DS has come sooo far in just the past 6 months developmentally speaking, that the odds are good that it WILL "click" one of these days. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page