Honest Toddler! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-21-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I'm in no way connected with this blog, but I thought this crowd would appreciate it, so if you haven't heard of it already, go check out the blog www.thehonesttoddler.com and also the twitter handle of the same name.

It's written from the perspective of a toddler, and while it is incredibly hilarious and well-written, it's also, on a more serious level, a really good lesson in empathetic parenting!

There's an ode to his placenta, he bashes Super Nanny, explains why forcing him to say he's sorry doesn't actually make him sorry...it's genius!

Also, this post is guaranteed to make me cry every time (written upon his realization that he and his mother are separate people):

http://thehonesttoddler.com/the-woman/

And here is the "Not Sorry" post:

http://thehonesttoddler.com/not-sorry/

"A hobby enjoyed by big folks is making little folks do things. Unfortunately they have collectively decided that forced remorse is a morality building exercise. It’s a common misconception, lie, amongst adults that if you require someone to say “I’m sorry” enough times, they’ll eventually mean it."

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#2 of 2 Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What an amazing blog! The few I read were really amusing... But I did tear up reading that one about being two people. I also cried at a Robert Munsch (sp?) story today on Netflix. it was about a mom singing a lullaby to her baby , roughly paraphrased to say she will always love him and as long as she lives, he will be her baby. She sang this again when he was a toddler, a 9 year old, a teenager, and a young adult. Then she got old and sick and he sang it to her, saying as long as he lives, she will be his mommy. Then he went home and sang it to his baby girl. I'm crying just typing it. I guess it doesn't help that DD is napping on my lap. It must be that time in my cycle.... I'm so emotional today lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page