multivitamin for toddler question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

What do you guys think of giving a multivitamin to a 2.5 yr old toddler? I am considering giing one to ds. I wish I was able to feed him more veggies and whole grains and get all of his minerals in trough food but I am not quite mastered at the art of that yet-! I was thinking of adding in a vitamin. any good organic ones out there thatyou guys use? do you think it is ok to give a 2.5 yr old vitamins?

#2 of 9 Old 10-22-2012, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We give our daughter, who is 34 months, a daily vitamin, dha and vitamin c.  We have since she was 2. This was recommended from a Chiropractor.

#3 of 9 Old 10-22-2012, 02:11 PM

I do, primarily for the vit D.

#4 of 9 Old 10-22-2012, 03:48 PM

My daughter is 2, and gets (almost) daily floradix, vitamin c, multivitamin gummi (cut up; we use the vegetarian ones which are softer.  This way she won't choke), fish oil (contains D3), flax oil.  Sometimes I give her a cut-up calcium gummi.  This is all really easy to do and she's getting pretty much enough without getting too much of anything.  We're vegetarians, she is kind of picky...plus she was a bit anemic and we live in an area with lots of lead in the environment.  So, this vitamin regimen is pretty minimal, easy, and protects her to some extent.  Of course I try pretty hard to give her a good diet, too...but it's not always that easy.  Her doctor recommended this approach.

ed.  I also give her probiotic powder sometimes. 

#5 of 9 Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 PM

As long as DD was getting a significant amount of breastmilk I didn't feel like she needed a vitamin, but she's hardly nursing at all now and I don't really have any milk any more.  We like Rainbow Light's kid's one-a-day.  It has probiotics in it which are super important, and all sorts of trace minerals.  I also give her additional vitamin D and if she looks sniffly extra vitamin C.  The thing I hate about kid's vitamins though is that they are ALL so SWEET.  She really thinks they are candy, and begs for more more more.  Pain. in. the. a**.

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#6 of 9 Old 10-22-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambleberry View Post

As long as DD was getting a significant amount of breastmilk I didn't feel like she needed a vitamin, but she's hardly nursing at all now and I don't really have any milk any more.  We like Rainbow Light's kid's one-a-day.  It has probiotics in it which are super important, and all sorts of trace minerals.  I also give her additional vitamin D and if she looks sniffly extra vitamin C.  The thing I hate about kid's vitamins though is that they are ALL so SWEET.  She really thinks they are candy, and begs for more more more.  Pain. in. the. a**.

Totally

wtf on the sugar gummis (or powder which is inconsistent...what if she doesn't finish the yoghurt w/ the powder?)

vitamin people, please make some other kind of toddler vitamin, dudes!

#7 of 9 Old 10-22-2012, 08:15 PM

what about the flinstones vitamins. like flintstones first vitamin?

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

#8 of 9 Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
We started just a couple weeks ago and DS is just past 2 yrs. We use Source of Life Animal Parade. They are 2 a day chewables so we make sure he drinks water not too long after. The best part is that it makes the after breakfast & dinner hands/face cleanup much easier. "Let's cleanup so you can have your vitamin!" (yeah, sometimes I just need the easy way at this age) He loves his vit-er-man LOL

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#9 of 9 Old 10-25-2012, 05:50 PM

We have been giving DD a one a day vitamin since she quit nursing. It's the Rainbow Light star shaped vitamins. http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Light-MultiStars-Chewable-Tablets/dp/B000EEBWHM

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page