Chicken Pox Thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey mama's, I have been talking with so many parents lately who are in need of chicken pox for their children so I thought maybe we could start a thread here on mothering, and every time someone has the chicken pox, that mama could post here that her child has chicken pox and maybe offer to send out infected suckers, clothing, toys, tissue's etc for the cost of the item and shipping, or better yet, post her location (or general location) so that any mama's in the area could bring their child over for a play date.  I also thought that posts like "doing ______ or giving ______ to my child while they had the chicken pox was very helpful", so as to help mothers who's child gets the virus cope with it, know what to do, and help naturally heal their child.  So, what helped your child the most while they had it?

Just love.

#2 of 10 Old 10-28-2012, 11:55 AM

My little one has suspected pox at moment I'm in Orpington. Contact on princessgeach1990@gmail.com
#3 of 10 Old 10-28-2012, 11:56 AM

My little one has suspected pox at moment I'm in Orpington. Contact on princessgeach1990@gmail.com
#4 of 10 Old 10-28-2012, 01:36 PM

LOL!!!  Brilliant.  i'm laughing at the irony of an infectious disease thread (hey, catch this bug now!) but also happy to see it.  we're not looking for it now, but will definitely be coming back to see this post later (i'm 6 months pregnant and have low immunity, but want it when baby is older).

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!
#5 of 10 Old 10-28-2012, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Orpington, as in the UK?  Darn it lol I'm in the US!  As much as I want the virus I can't travel that far lol.  Do they vaccinate for chicken pox in the UK?  That is why so many parents are getting desprate for it here in the states.  Vaccination means not as many kids getting it now, so it doesnt spread, so the unvaccinated kids can't aquire natural immunity to it because they can't find the virus!   :)

Just love.

#6 of 10 Old 11-04-2012, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadkindness View Post

Orpington, as in the UK?  Darn it lol I'm in the US!  As much as I want the virus I can't travel that far lol.  Do they vaccinate for chicken pox in the UK?  That is why so many parents are getting desprate for it here in the states.  Vaccination means not as many kids getting it now, so it doesnt spread, so the unvaccinated kids can't aquire natural immunity to it because they can't find the virus!   :)

Thanks for this info but I'm still not sure why someone would want to give their kid chicken pox. Is it because the risk of shingles is higher if they get it later in life?

My son isn't vaxed against it and I just hadn't thought about it at all (other than thinking it's a stupid vax because chicken pox isn't a serious disease). We live in Germany and I'm pretty sure either they don't vax for that here at all, or it is much rarer that kids are but I am woefully ignorant.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#7 of 10 Old 11-04-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. View Post

Thanks for this info but I'm still not sure why someone would want to give their kid chicken pox. Is it because the risk of shingles is higher if they get it later in life?

My son isn't vaxed against it and I just hadn't thought about it at all (other than thinking it's a stupid vax because chicken pox isn't a serious disease). We live in Germany and I'm pretty sure either they don't vax for that here at all, or it is much rarer that kids are but I am woefully ignorant.

Chicken pox is a mild childhood disease.  but if a person is exposed after puberty, there can be much more severe complications.  so we non-vaxxing/selectively vaxxing parents (and my mother, a nurse, back in the day) try to expose our children to milder childhood diseases so they can have immunity and not suffer complications later.  in fact, many non-vaxxing parents prefer to expose their children to a variety of childhood illnesses so that their immune systems can be naturally strengthened while they're young in place of vaccines.

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!
#8 of 10 Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

subbing. Hopefully somebody will come here who has it in the southeast US.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#9 of 10 Old 11-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
A couple of caveats...

The first is that a year ago, some unscrupulous mom in Tennessee was posting on FB that her kids had chicken pox and for the low, low price of $50 ("to cover shipping costs") she would mail out lollipops. The offer resulted in a media frenzy with a bunch of finger-wagging mainstream "news" articles equating chicken pox with the Bubonic Plague and warning parents that it's illegal to ship infectious diseases. The latter is correct; you can definitely get in legal hot water for shipping infected items (There was clearly wrong-doing on both ends of this story, but I won't elaborate on that).

The second warning is that sometimes a suspected case of CP sometimes turns out to be something like Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease.

I'm honestly not here to troll the thread or disparage the idea. In fact, we don't vax for CP and are continually on the hunt for CP parties, so I'm glad this thread is here! I just thought I'd throw that info out there.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#10 of 10 Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Here is a good article, lots of good info http://www.whale.to/vaccine/wimer.html

Everyone be sure to watch this video while its still free through tuesday!  http://geneticroulettemovie.com/  The free viewing period will expire after Tuesday

Just love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page