My 15 month old can barely walk in her snowsuit! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-03-2012, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 15 month old who goes to daycare a couple of days in a week, and will need snow gear for playtime during the winter.

I looked online for snowsuits but was not sure what to get. I finally went to Carters and got her a snowsuit marked for a 12 month old (She is very petite and is barely 20 lbs).

I tried it on her when I got home. But although the length of the outfit seems just right, it is so bulky that the poor child actually toppled over a couple of times and was unable to get up without help!

I dont know what to do next. Does anyone have experience with dressing toddlers for snow? She's just starting to walk and run, so can some one recommend a good snowsuit that will keep her warm but not restrict her movements? I have spent the last two nights scouring shopping sites but very few of them have any good reviews, if at all any!

#2 of 4 Old 11-04-2012, 07:13 AM

We do one piece fleece snowsuits until they're 2 or 3. Big bulky ones are hard to move in even for much bigger kids and they're not safe for the carseat so you need a secondary coat anyway. We've used Carter's fleece, Old Navy, LL Bean and Lands End. I find the LL Bean and Lands End better for kids who are actually outside playing in the snow frequently and they usually have fold over hand and foot covers.

Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10) nocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#3 of 4 Old 11-05-2012, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

yes- the fleece bunting from hanna andersson-- light cozy warm adorable. my now 2.5 yr old lived in his last winter and now I tried it on him toay and am glad it still fits. amazing and he loved it too. and you can throw a jacket over it if it is really cold

#4 of 4 Old 11-11-2012, 03:14 PM

I got an rei one for my very tiny 18 month old. She is also just barely over 20 pounds. It has an outer water proof shell and fleece inside. We live in Alaska so she does not have a choice, she has to wear it outside. It was awkward walking for a while but she has gotten that hang of it now. utu5yzu9.jpg

You little one will get the hang of it. It might take a little bit but it is better than frost bite. Oh by the way, we do not let her wear it in the car seat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page