16mo "Daddy's Girl"... rejecting Mama - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-19-2012, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm a SAHM, and fairly 'attachment parenting' oriented, if you must, I give my everything & all to this child, since day one... and she is SUCH the Daddy's girl. Which I guess I thought I was fine with. But from time to time it just IRKS me to no end... like this morning. From the instant she woke up, she wants Dada. Only Dada, screams if I try & hold her & console her. Only he will do. He left for work with her standing & screaming at his abandonment, and REFUSES to let me comfort her. 

He tries to comfort me & say its normal for little girls to love their Daddys... but man, sometimes it just leaves me in a pile of tears wondering why she doesn't ever scream for ME in that way?? 

Could use a little encouragement... feeling utterly rejected this morning :/

#2 of 2 Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Big hugs mama! We are just done being on the flip side of this: DD screaming for me and not giving daddy the time of day. Around 18 months she mellowed out considerably and now shrieks and runs to the door when he comes home. I can understand how heartbreaking it can be but she doesn't mean to upset you. She is fixated on daddy and just needs to get through this phase. If he has time it could be good to spend lots of time with her so she doesnt miss him as much. I don't have much advice, just reassurance: she loves you and trusts you even though she's really looking for daddy right now. In the meantime it may be nice for you to take an afternoon to do something for yourself to recharge while the two of them hang out. She's likely gonna be glued to you before you know it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page