Hi so my odd is 3 she woke up last Saturday at 11pm vomiting and had a fever of 100.8 and complained of a headache. We gave her Tylenol, mostly for the headache. Her fever was gone by morning. Sunday she puked 3 more times, four more during the night. Then 7-10 am on Monday she was puking every 3 to 5 minutes. I took her to the Dr. She prescribed Zofran (anti nausea). I gave her a dose at noon. She stopped puking. I gave her one more dose before bed that night. She was fine all day Tuesday then at 5pm she puked, I gave her a third dose of zofran. Then she woke up at 5 am puking. Gave her the fourth dose of zofran.Then she puked 15 min later and felt nauseous. So I took her to the ER. They gave her more Zofran, and put her on an Iv.
She also had diarrhea that started right after taking the first dose of zofran.
At the ER her flu swab results, negative. Strep negative. And they took blood which determined it was not bacterial. Her white blood cell count is not elevated. Her elector lights were low, but that was because she was dehydrated. They gave her two bags of fluids and sent us on our way. She puked again Thursday at 3am. Then acted fine the rest of the day. She hasn't puked again, and is eating very minimal amount and drinking. But now says her throat hurts. Would this be because she pukes SO much? Has anyone else gone through this?
If she's just complaining of mild pain in her throat, I wouldn't do much about it now. If it's severe pain where she's refusing to eat/drink because of it, then I would take her in to a pediatrician for a strep test. It's possible that she did not have strep earlier in the week, but her immune system was busy fighting off the other infection and strep crept in.
Considering she's been puking so much I would hazard a guess that may'be her throat is hurting because she is experiencing some acid reflux type of symptoms. If you haven't already I would definitely call the doctor.
Yes I have been in contact with my ped every day this week. She thinks the sore throat is from the puking also. She did have the strep test in the hospital- it was negative.
But she did just puke again about a half hour ago! My ped is now closed for the weekend. Do I wait an see? Take her back to the er? She is also down to 23 lbs!
|13 members and 8,525 guests|
|crmapp035 , hillymum , IsaFrench , Janeen0225 , katelove , lhargrave89 , lisak1234 , moominmamma , nuezraquel10 , seap3 , youngwife , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|