3 yr old and not going potty at home?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My 3 yr old will use the potty at daycare with very few accidents per week :( but at home refuses to use the toilet. They have the small tiny toilets at daycare just for her size. She doesn't like plastic potties either. It's so embarrassing. I keep a diaper on her in the car on the way to daycare but put her undies over the diaper for them to remove it once she is there. I tell them I do it since she is in the car but it's really cause she isn't pottying at home yet. :( very frustrating!! I went through this with my 10 yr old at this age too.

19 yr old
12 yr old
4 yr old
#2 of 2 Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD was refusing to use the potty at home too (she'd try, but not go), but doing great at daycare. I finally decided it was time for a small bribe to see if that kicked into gear. I explained a couple nights ago that every time she peed or pooped on the potty at home she could have one smartie, well she sat down and after 20s was peeing! Since then she hasn't gotten a pull-up wet, even at night which I'm not even worried about yet, and only got poop in one once but was able to finish pooping on the potty. And the last two times she used the potty, she didn't even ask for the smartie. Still have to get the poop thing going better, but for peeing she seems set now. Not sure if you are cool with a small bribe, but it definitely worked for DD!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page