Toddler not eating dinner then hungry later - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for ideas for my 3yo DD who will occasionally refuse to eat dinner (or only take a couple bites) and then says she's not hungry.  She then says she wants to eat later.  I really don't want to tell her "eat x or x more bites more bites" because I want her to listen to her body, but OTOH, I don't want to be cooking and feeding her dinner as we are getting her into bed.  I know this is typical, but I need some ideas on how others have dealt with this issue.

Me and DH, parents to:

DD1 (06/09), Twin DD2 and DS1 (born 3/12- 6 weeks early due to IUGR)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What we do is try to have dinner early enough that there is an hour or som between dinner and bed time.

If our 3 yr old didn't eat much dinner then we have a bedtime snack of a pbandj sandwich or cheese, crackers and fruit or something.

Or, if I know she likes the food, and I know she is hungry but just distracted or being difficult, that I either offer to feed her like a baby (she likes that although we let her self feed as a baby) or I offer to have one of her teddy bears feed her. It usually works.

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#3 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If he didnt eat a good dinner, I give him a smoothie instead of bedtime milk. I put nuts, fruits, spinach etc in it and he drinks it up.

babyboy.gifborn on April 3 '10namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifread.gifgd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page