Lying at 4 years old. HELP!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'M NEW TO THIS. I KNOW THAT THIS IS A LOT TO READ, BUT I NEED HELP. I find my step daughter lying constantly. And as absurd as it sounds, some of the family members ( grandma) believes everything she says and thinks I'm always being mean to her. I have taken care of her since she was a year old. I've been a mother to her. I live with her father and his parents. At my house she has no discipline. And at her moms she has a lot of discipline. I've noticed that when she is around her mom she is a very well behaved child. With little tantrums here and there. But that's normal. When she comes to my house she listens to absolutely know one. Does whatever she wants and no one says anything. I try to discipline her by telling her no when she is doing something where she can hurt herself or when she's is hitting her cousins, so she sees me as the "mean" one at this house because I'm the only one who pays any attention to her. All of a
Sudden she has started lying about everything and is very serious about these lies. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. She will say her cousins are hitting her when I know they aren't and will go crying to her grandma and her grandma will yell at the cousins. But when my four year old hit the cousins and they tell the grandma still tells at the cousin for making my step daughter mad. It's ridiculous. Recently she sheen lying about me saying that I'm taking things from her or that I poked her in the eye and her grandma has started yelling at me as well. Is it normal for a four year old to lie this much, constantly? I don't remember ever lying like that and my mother said I hardly ever told lies. Idk what I'm suppose
To do. No one cares how she acts here except me. It's like none of this family cares if she grows up disrespectful and bad. As long as she is happy. She already starting to get on trouble at school, etc. PLEASE HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)

Sorry to hear you are going through this. What strategies have you taken so far. Your post is a few months old and I am sure you have figured it out...Hopefully*hugs*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page