Need 3 yr Old B-day party snack ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-06-2013, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

What are some good snacks to put out for the kids at a three yr old's birthday party? I am hosting one soon. It is a late morning party. It is not really a meal time but I plan to have bagels and coffee and oj for the grown ups. I need some good ideas of foods I can have for the kids to eat. It will be an informal food table that people can go to whenever.

What are some good food and drink ideas for three yr olds there?

I Am trying to think of things my own ds would like.

I like the idea of some mini kid friendly sandwhiches, but I can't think of what kind to make. My ds doesn't really eat sandwhiches other than almond butter and jelly, but I don't want to put nuts out for the kids in case anyone has allergies.

I wanted to think of some things that would have some filling power so the kids wouldn't be eating too junky.

I know plenty of kids snack on carrots and cukes and stuff- not my ds! I could put some out for the kids that so.

My ds loves fruit--  Imay make a fruit salad.

But I also want something grounding and nourishing for the kids.any ideas? Multiple ideas needed as I want to have a few things.

thanks

#2 of 9 Old 03-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

At my 3 year old's party I put out fruit, veggies, whole-grain pita triangles, sliced cheese and a bowl of shelled edamame. I also had a homemade mac & cheese for those who wanted something more filling. I think for filling food they could eat with their hands (and that is kid-friendly for an average child) I would consider things like tortillas or crepes rolled with cream cheese, fruit spread etc, pinwheel sandwiches (tortillas or flatbread rolled with turkey and cheese or similar), baked pita triangles with refried beans or hummus, granola bars or bites. You could do pasta bites too - these look yummy. http://www.the-baker-chick.com/2012/10/25/mini-baked-mac-cheese-bites/

Also, how about mini-quiches (baked in muffin tins)? That would go well with your brunchy vibe, and you can put in whatever you think the kids will eat -- I'd probably do some with ham and cheese or spinach and cheese.

Oh, and mini-muffins would be good for 3 year olds. Bran, oatmeal-apple, blueberry...

#3 of 9 Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

great ideas!!

#4 of 9 Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 PM

You could make mac& cheese in mini-muffin tins. 

#5 of 9 Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I did mini waffles for one of dd's parties that was a PJ party and everyone loved them.  You could do mini pancakes too if you want to go homemade.  I think that and a fruit salad would be great for snacks :)

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#6 of 9 Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Mini sausage rolls (or spinach and fetta if you want vegetarian). I made zucchini slice for a party last year and the toddlers loved it. Cut into small squares to make it a finger food.

Fruit kebabs are good but 3 year olds might need a fair bit of supervision with the sticks.

Cocktail sausages are usually a hit with that age group as well.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#7 of 9 Old 03-07-2013, 06:56 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

fruit platter, veg platter, seaweed, shrimp cocktail, weelicious berry muffins, weelicious banana chocolate muffins with a little added fat, cheese sticks cut in half, pretzels, crackers, avocado and/or guac and chips, hummus/babaganoush and pita

for food-food we do pizza, mac and cheese, good quality sausages, smoked salmon, and small sandwiches 

I always ask about allergies and assuming no nut allergies I put out some low salt nuts or some KIND bars cut in half

#8 of 9 Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 PM

Mini-bagels & plain cream cheese. Blueberry, banana or chocolate chip mini-muffins. Oatmeal cookies. Most supermarkets now sell sunflower-seed-butter in the same aisle as nut butter & jams, you could use that for sandwiches. The fruit salad sounds great.

The toddlers may drink the OJ but you could also put out water & apple juice (consided the mini water bottles & mini-juice boxes).
#9 of 9 Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

thanks everyone, great ideas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page