Robeez shoes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 04-12-2013, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone bought these for their children? Are they worth the money?

....or are there any better shoes anyone would recommend?

#2 of 16 Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My DS had lots of them and they were great. Totally worth the money and such cute styles!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#3 of 16 Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 PM

We loooooved ours, but they were from Target and were by Ministar (and were cheaper). They were still real leather and they held up super well. It's really important for children to wear minimal footwear and these fit the bill.
#4 of 16 Old 04-12-2013, 07:45 PM

I had both the robeez and target brand. Given a pair of both robeez and target brand, I later bought the target brand boot. Loved them for the early walking stage for either cold houses or public spaces.
Before my child could walk I either did just socks if cold or barefoot if warm.
As she was learning to walk it was socks or barefoot at home, but for places where she would run/play on the floor I would use robeez/target shoes.
Dd2 was learning to walk during a Midwest winter and public places often had salt/sand/de-icer stuff on the ground that I wanted more than just socks on her. It was so cold and snowy that walking outside wasn't even an option for her.

I only had one pair per sized. I never used them outside. By the time dd2 was walking well and it was warm enough to be outside, I had her in a soft shoe with a more solid sole, also a target shoe.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#5 of 16 Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 PM

I liked the robeez too, and the target duplicate looks great too. DD is currently wearing the target solid soft sole shoe. I like them, I would check your local Marshall's, I've seen Robeeez in the baby section. I'm a fan for sure. DD is 14 months, walking for over a month and I still prefer soft sole shoes. I think of her hard soles as high heels for me, cute and all but definitely not worn much at all.

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#6 of 16 Old 04-13-2013, 02:17 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

We were given some (barely) used Robeez as a hand me down and they were wonderful for our baby (this was before he could walk). They survived so well that I have since passed them on to be used again! Then once he outgrew those we bought some no-name similar "shoes", which he used as slippers indoors, and they also held up great. I don't think it's necessary to pay more for the brand name in this case and you could get a product of equal value for less money.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#7 of 16 Old 04-13-2013, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses everyone! smile.gif

He normally wears "shoes" shoes outside now, he's 12 months and I haven't let him walk much out in public because it's cold outside and dirty inside in stores (don't want him rolling around on the floors).... but he's starting in daycare in 2 months and they require the kids to wear shoes all day and they looked more comfy than regular shoes. 

#8 of 16 Old 04-14-2013, 02:19 PM

When I worked in daycare, we loved when the babies wore these ... they are harder for the babies to take off than socks or velcro shoes. But we wouldn't let toddlers wear them, because they had to be able to walk outside at any moment (because of fire drills, etc. -- the babies, under 12 mos, would get tossed into cribs and rolled outside, but toddlers had to walk (if they could) and my day care considered them slippers, not shoes. I always felt bad for the little ones having to wear real, hard shoes all day long.

#9 of 16 Old 04-14-2013, 06:01 PM

They have a version at a local grocery store that are much less expensive than the real Robeez but still leather. That's what we used for DD when she was just starting to walk. It was still chilly that time of year so it was nice to keep her feet warm too.

#10 of 16 Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 PM

I think there are Robeez style shoes for the winter that have a furry fleece lining! I seem to remember my son had some.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#11 of 16 Old 04-15-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia View Post

I think there are Robeez style shoes for the winter that have a furry fleece lining! I seem to remember my son had some.
We had these too and LOVED them!
#12 of 16 Old 04-16-2013, 07:46 AM

The Robeez and the various knockoffs are really nice for infant/toddlers when you need something to protect their feet a bit more than socks, I usually get the knockoffs as they are cheaper and hold up just fine too. I think they would be perfect for your situation, though I'm kind of surprised they are requiring shoes that early.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#13 of 16 Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 PM

I prefer the Hanna Andersson Swedish Moccasins (or the cheaper H&M version) or Soft Star moccasins (and their shoes once baby is walking), myself.

The Swedish Moccasins are like socks and soft shoes all on one. Comfy and they stay on.

The Soft Star Moc is hand made in the USA. They have sheepskin soles - fuzzy and soft. The leather is tanned/dyed in a more eco-conscious (i.e. less toxic) way, which I prefer because my baby liked to chew on her shoes!

I know these options are more expensive than the Target knockoffs, but it's worth the expense for me. Also, whenever I go into Target I somehow end up blowing money on stuff I didn't know I needed. So If I can avoid going there I figure I save money in the long run.

Mama to A (08/10) & E (03/13).
#14 of 16 Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightForest View Post

I prefer the Hanna Andersson Swedish Moccasins (or the cheaper H&M version) or Soft Star moccasins (and their shoes once baby is walking), myself.

The Swedish Moccasins are like socks and soft shoes all on one. Comfy and they stay on.

The Soft Star Moc is hand made in the USA. They have sheepskin soles - fuzzy and soft. The leather is tanned/dyed in a more eco-conscious (i.e. less toxic) way, which I prefer because my baby liked to chew on her shoes!

I know these options are more expensive than the Target knockoffs, but it's worth the expense for me. Also, whenever I go into Target I somehow end up blowing money on stuff I didn't know I needed. So If I can avoid going there I figure I save money in the long run.

I think Soft Star and Ministar (the brand sold at Target) are related brands.
#15 of 16 Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post

I think Soft Star and Ministar (the brand sold at Target) are related brands.

Woah, for real? I couldn't find any mention of this online. The closest thing I saw is that some ministar shoes are designed by Bobux (another soft soled baby shoe company)....

Mama to A (08/10) & E (03/13).
#16 of 16 Old 04-21-2013, 09:37 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Yep. They are great. The Robeez is far superior to other brands and will tolerate washing and heavy wear. The other, cheaper brands i.e. Target are ruined quickly with washing/weather. 

Tags
Toddlers , Robeez

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page