1 year old nap schedule - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-26-2013, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's your 1 year old's nap schedule like?

My DD is 14 months and takes one 3 hour nap a day at 1pm and sleeps about 8pm to 8am or 12 hours. Of course she'll wake up a couple times to fuss a tiny bit or little bit of milkies 8pm-12 and sometimes early in the morning at 6am, but not as often anymore. She sleeps with us which is best for now since we're living in temp housing for a month until we find a rental. She's always slept with us so I don't want to change that until we get settled in a house. Night sleeping is going pretty good actually.

I'm wondering about what's typical for naps and if I should tweak it so we can get in some fun playtime outside and that she can get her needed 3 hours?

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#2 of 5 Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 PM

We are transitioning ( or just transitioned ) my 14 month old from 2 naps (10am and 2 pm) to 1 nap from noon- usually 2 ish. Is working well.
#3 of 5 Old 04-26-2013, 04:25 PM

My son is 12.5 months...

Up until maybe about 8 weeks ago, he slept from 10pm to 9am, had a nap from 12pm-2pm and that was it. I never structured his sleep, he just makes himself a little nest on the floor and falls asleep, and at night, he comes to bed with us and sleeps there until he wakes up. 

...however, lately he's transitioned himself to wake up at 7am (still going to bed at 10pm) and takes a nap at 11am-1pm and sometimes another one at 4pm or 5pm for an hour. I guess this new sleep cycle might be because of the days getting longer? 

#4 of 5 Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Oh the ever elusive toddler who falls asleep on their own when they get sleepy! wink1.gif

My DD will has never done that, unless she's in the car and that is exactly when I don't want her to sleep. DH has some pretty bad insomnia so I'm hoping she doesn't inherit that. She needs to be nursed down for a nap. DH can get her to sleep while wearing her.

She's already had days where she doesn't nap AT ALL.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#5 of 5 Old 05-07-2013, 04:47 PM

My 15 month old transitioned to one nap about 6 weeks ago, but has also been getting really sleepy in the late afternoon where she could probably take a nap.  I think the change in light is messing up her schedule a little... Our schedule now is roughly bed at 10, asking for milk at about 5 am and up for the day around 8 and a 1.5-2 hour nap somewhere around 1.  I say roughly because that varies widely day by day, but it averages out to about what I said, lol!  Kaydove, I think your schedule sounds wonderful! That's a good time to be inside anyway because the sun is strong this time of year. Consider yourself lucky that you have a little one who sleeps so well!  You can get a lot done for yourself with 3 hours a day!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page