Mothering Forum banner

Is it safe to leave the Amber necklace on my toddler's neck all night?

972 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Ola_ 
#1 ·
Is it safe to leave the Amber necklace on my toddler's neck all night? We bought our 15 month old baby boy a Baltic Amber necklace to help soothe him while he's teething and we take it off when he goes to sleep because we're concerned about his safety and not sure it's ok to leave it on, but if it is safe, we'll just leave it on. I'd appreciate other Mama's feedback and what you think. Granted, there may not be a right or wrong answer, but the more Mamas who feel safe with it and encourage it, the more I will feel safe and at ease with deciding to let him wear it all night. Thank you.

#3 ·
Almost everyone I know leaves it on 24/7... I personally don't feel comfortable with it, though, so I don't leave it on.

#7 ·
Most are made with the ability to "break away" if they get caught. I've forgotten to take DD's off a few times and never take it off for naps and she's been fine with it. DH worries more so if I do want it on at night I do the ankle. She's often in bed with me anyways but even from her crib she's across the hall less than 10' away so I hear her every move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.