What Netfix shows does your 3 year old like? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-22-2013, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We do not have a t.v., but recently got Netflix. We have really enjoyed the Richard Scarry "Busytown Mysteries," "Pingu," and "Bob the Builder."

Last night, we saw the one based on Daniel Tiger from "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood." It was very sweet.

Any other recommendations?
HappyHappyMommy likes this.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#2 of 23 Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We do Daniel Tiger here. DS has also watched a few episodes of Magic School Bus on netflix, but I'm not sure what a normal age is for enjoying that.

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#3 of 23 Old 07-22-2013, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
My little ones adore Wonder Pets!!
#4 of 23 Old 07-22-2013, 07:29 PM

My 3 year old is a Curious George superfan! smile.gif

Mama to a little man who arrived early on 7/18/10! DS2 due in October 2013.

#5 of 23 Old 07-22-2013, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I wish they had Curious George in Canada.
#6 of 23 Old 07-22-2013, 09:44 PM

I also love Pingu.  Especially older episodes.  Yeah, my 2-year-old loves Pingu too.  I just KNEW Happy Feet was crap all along and when I found Pingu, a light went off as to why I've always liked penguins:  It's that flappy noise they make when they walk.  

Other than that, nothing has stuck.  We watch it for a few hours about once a week and it's my go-to when all else fails.

#7 of 23 Old 07-29-2013, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My daughter loves LeapFrog (it's the Frog picture for the Netflix Kids). She knows all of them and has learned a lot from them!

#8 of 23 Old 07-29-2013, 09:17 AM

Not sure if Little Bear is on Netflix but that one is really nice. Very calming. Also: Dora, Diego, Bubble Guppies, Team Oomizoomi - they come and go on Netflix.

#9 of 23 Old 08-07-2013, 03:34 PM

DD is 2.5 and absolutely loves Daniel Tiger. I'm loving it too - now if she's upset, she comes up to me and says, "I'm angry!" or "I'm sad." and we work it out instead of her melting down and me having to figure out what's wrong. She also watches Angelina Ballerina and Sesame Street.

She watches Power Puff Girls and My Little Pony with DS. They're a little old for her but she likes watching what DS watches.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#10 of 23 Old 08-07-2013, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

My 3 year old DD is on a Peep and the Big Wide World kick lately, which I like because the duck character reminds me of an ex-boyfriend of mine :) 

I like Pocoyo for a nice short one, too.

#11 of 23 Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 AM

Kipper!
#12 of 23 Old 08-10-2013, 06:06 PM

My DS loves Kipper, too. Can't get enough Kipper. We also watch Daniel Tiger and the LeapFrog shows (especially Numberland). We had been watching Pingu, but there was one especially intense episode with ice sculptures and DS has now deemed it too scary. He also watches various Thomas the Tank Engine shows in the recommended stream. Misty Island Rescue is his favorite and eberyone in the family knows it by heart! Gosh, this sounds like a ton of Netflix consumption, but I have a newborn also and it's like 105 degrees outside, so I'm giving myself a pass. Ha!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#13 of 23 Old 08-10-2013, 10:30 PM

Netflix has recently added some of the Scholastic video compilations, they are not arranged like the videos you find at the library, they have different names but quite a few of the stories. I also agree with Kipper, Pingu, Curious George, Busytown and The Busy World of Richard Scarry (not just mysteries, this is older), Leapfrog and Daniel Tiger (it's little songs about different situations have stuck in my 3 year old's head. "Flush and wash and be in your way" And the one about sharing)

Also, Mighty Machines ad Bob the Builder are great. If you have a dd that is into fairies, my dd loves Thumbelina, it kind of drives me crazy but she is mesmerized by it. Same with the 1985? Care Bears movie. Netflix recently got Jake and the Neverland Pirates, which is pretty good for Disney.

Unfortunately, Little Bear is not on Netflix, but it is on Amazon Prime and one of our favorites for many years (we have dvds from my son). As are Little Bill, Mister Rogers Neighborhood, and the 80's tv season of original Care Bears.

#14 of 23 Old 08-11-2013, 04:53 AM

Fireman Sam and Handy Manny are big hits with my almost 3 yr old.

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#15 of 23 Old 09-27-2013, 05:02 AM

I'll chime in here too, even though my twins are 4 yrs old now. Some of the shows they started watching at 3 and still like. They STILL like Color Crew. Still like Busytown Mysteries. My son has been obsessed with Mighty Machines for a while now. My Little Pony too, though sometimes they say it's too scary when there is a dragon on the show. They liked Dinosaur Train when they were younger, but not as much now that they are 4.Shaun the Sheep is great. No word just a lot of "uuuah, baaah aaaa aaa" sounds with music. They now like Rescue Bots, but would never have liked it at 3. They love Fishtronaut. Oh, and sometimes they like the OLD Busytown, but my daughter is sure to tell me it's not the "real" Busytown. It's funny, the kids watch more TV than I ever though they would, but we read all the time too, and give them books to peruse before bedtime. Insert mama guilt here. But there are days I'd never get dinner made without incident were it not for the 3x4 box with pictures. 

#16 of 23 Old 10-05-2013, 06:24 PM

My son (almost 2) is addicted to Trotro. Absolutely adores it...I think it's because the little donkey acts just like a toddler and he relates to it. Each story is about 3-4 minutes long, and each episode contains around 5 stories, so I can get pretty sick of hearing the Trotro theme song repeatedly, but the cuteness of the little British donkey family makes up for it.

Mom to Henry, born 10/2011 and The Newbie, due 2/2014!
#17 of 23 Old 10-05-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post

DD is 2.5 and absolutely loves Daniel Tiger. I'm loving it too - now if she's upset, she comes up to me and says, "I'm angry!" or "I'm sad." and we work it out instead of her melting down and me having to figure out what's wrong.

Is this from a specific episode?

#18 of 23 Old 10-05-2013, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post

I'm guessing it's the "Use Your Words" episode?  (Yeah, we watch a lot of Daniel Tiger around here, too....)  I'm particularly fond of the "Saying I'm sorry/How can I help you" one.  I feel like sometimes I need that reminder myself!

HappyHappyMommy likes this.
#19 of 23 Old 10-05-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post

I'm guessing it's the "Use Your Words" episode?  (Yeah, we watch a lot of Daniel Tiger around here, too....)  I'm particularly fond of the "Saying I'm sorry/How can I help you" one.  I feel like sometimes I need that reminder myself!

Thanks so much.  I will look at the episode titles and go from there. 

#20 of 23 Old 10-06-2013, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post

DD is 2.5 and absolutely loves Daniel Tiger. I'm loving it too - now if she's upset, she comes up to me and says, "I'm angry!" or "I'm sad." and we work it out instead of her melting down and me having to figure out what's wrong.

My DD says this is from the episode "Daniel Uses His Words."

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post
I'm particularly fond of the "Saying I'm sorry/How can I help you" one.  I feel like sometimes I need that reminder myself!

And she says this is from the episode "Daniel Says I'm Sorry"

It looks like these episodes aren't on Netflix yet (but if others are reading the thread who are looking watch the show on TV, they have aired (and maybe still are airing on TV). A few on Netflix that deal with feelings include:

"Daniel Gets Mad"

"Katerina Gets Mad"

"Friends Help Each Other"

I'm sure there are more, but those were the ones that DD and I thought of right away. We love Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood as well as the reruns of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood (sadly not on Neflix instant play, but are rerun on TV and some episodes are on DVD).

Also on Netflix, Sesame Street (especially the early ones that aired back in the 70s and 80s) was one my DD really liked when she was 3 (and I liked too both as a kid and as a mama). And, not on Netflix instant play, but on TV and also with some episodes on DVD), Sid the Science Kid was/is a family favorite.

We're big fans of PBS shows!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#21 of 23 Old 10-06-2013, 06:18 PM

My daughter is four now, but has loved Wonderpets for a long time. She's seen every episode at least four times, and loves them all.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#22 of 23 Old 10-06-2013, 09:19 PM

Netflix? What's wrong with youtube? :) Our kids like Pocoyo, and Bo on the go!!

#23 of 23 Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 PM

My DD loved Zaboomafoo at 2 and 3, and likes the Wild Kratts now (4.5) and I felt a little better letting her watch them, because they feel educational, like documentaries. Lol. Anything to lessen the mama-guilt. I also love Daniel Tiger. it works! My kids are way better at communicating and being empathetic since watching it. And entertaining themselves while waiting!

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page