Teething three year old, nearly four - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Is anyone else's older toddler teething? My son is three and will turn four in the fall.
From my reading six year molars may erupt as early as four years of age. From my son's teething history this may be applicable. As an infant he began teething at three months of age and had four fully erupted incisors by four months of age, and all twenty teeth, including two year molars by twenty-three months of age. It seems he is teething again and working on new teeth.
Anyone with experience?
#2 of 5 Old 08-16-2013, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Just bumping this up.
#3 of 5 Old 08-16-2013, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check carefully to see if there are any cavities in his molars. It may be worthwhile to have a dental check-up just in case, and tell them about the teething symptoms. Kids with tooth pain from decay will have similar symptoms. It can be so hard to really get a good brush, much less a good look, back there with the squirmy ones.

Not trying to scare you, just helping cover the basics. Good luck! smile.gif
#4 of 5 Old 08-16-2013, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I got all my teeth early as a kid, always about 2yrs ahead on my final molars, wisdom teeth impacted but coming in around 15, and DD is following suit, has been getting antsy and up to her normal teething behaviors at 21mos which tells me her 2yr molars are coming.  So very possible he's gonna get them early.  I'd look to your fam history and see if anyone else was early to give you an idea for your LO.  And like PP mentioned, maybe time for a dental check.  I'm holding off DD for her first bc there's no way she'll sit in a chair and allow a stranger poke around her mouth right now, I know I didn't have my first dental visit til I was 4 ;-)

#5 of 5 Old 08-19-2013, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much Mama Amie and Sassyfirechick. I am going to ask my mother since she was able to help me out earlier when his 3 month teething began, apparently I followed the same eruption, four teeth in by four months of age. It does seem hereditary, the early eruptions, although it is within the norm apparently. So perhaps i began working on molars early also. From my reading though they may take a year to actually appear. three seem close to the surface and the fourth seems to still be up, he seems to be aiming at that one upon teething. Will consider dental visit too.

Tags
Toddler , Toddlers , Teething

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page