Shoes! Pedipeds, See Kai Run, Preschoolians, Jack and Lily, Robeez, etc - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-09-2013, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tis_unnatural View Post

To piggyback on this topic, does anyone have a recommendation for a good winter shoe that will work in the snow? My son is 13 months old and has huge feet (he's currently in a size four, which seems big, but maybe my older son just had small feet in comparison :)). We live in MN and are outside all the time in the fall and winter so I'm looking for something that will stand up to wet leaves and snow. And what do people do about new walkers and snow boots since obviously boots don't have flexible soles? My son never wears shoes in the house, just socks when it's cold, but he needs something for when we're outside. Any advice would be great! Thank you!

I highly recommend Stonz booties http://www.stonzwear.com/Stonz_Booties/Department.aspx?DeptID=7  They're a bit pricey, so you might see if you can spot them on one of those steals/bargain sites, but they do the trick.  They are soft, virtually waterproof, flexible, long-fitting, machine-washable, and pretty durable, too.  In a very cold/snowy climate, I would also get the liners or knit some very thick socks to go in them, since they are quite thin.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tis_unnatural View Post

To piggyback on this topic, does anyone have a recommendation for a good winter shoe that will work in the snow? My son is 13 months old and has huge feet (he's currently in a size four, which seems big, but maybe my older son just had small feet in comparison :)). We live in MN and are outside all the time in the fall and winter so I'm looking for something that will stand up to wet leaves and snow. And what do people do about new walkers and snow boots since obviously boots don't have flexible soles? My son never wears shoes in the house, just socks when it's cold, but he needs something for when we're outside. Any advice would be great! Thank you!

Check out Stonz Shoes! They are the best.

Forest  treehugger.gifMushroom whale.gif

Old 09-10-2013, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCapucine View Post

I'm stumped on the outdoor angle, too. There is a lot of hose-sand-dirt-mud play going on in my back yard most days right now, and the Smaller (See Kai Run) and Robeez leather soft soles we have are clearly not made for it. Some days he has no shoes at all because they are drying from the day before. Plus they get so stiff! I just bought a water shoe my daughter also had (Nike Sunray Protect) that is a fabulous shoe in general, but even super bendy it isn't a soft-sole and I'm whacking myself for not realizing. My 18 month old has poor balance so barefoot is what I'm trying to stay close to (too many thorns, rocks, and splinters in the yard). Do they MAKE soft-sole water shoes? Anyone know?

These are great for protecting feet during outdoor water play: http://www.amazon.com/Imse-Vimse-Water-Shoes-months/dp/B002KMF5VK/

Old 09-13-2013, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

:twothumbs  3 generations of Soft Star Shoes for my family. Nothing better.

Love that they are a FAMILY based SMALL company so you get very honest and kind people who listen to your needs in footwear for your L.O.

They are quoted as 2nd to going barefoot for babies/toddlers.

E & K (13yrs) and our flock of 6!

"Hey little one, why don't you go get cleaned up, you look like a country bumkin."
"Mum, I am a country bumkin"
Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I third (fourth?) Soft Star Shoes! They are fabulous!

Tags
Clothing Shoes Accessories , Robeez , Robeez Braedon Soft Sole Slip On Infant Red 6 12 Months M Us Infant , Toddler , Toddlers , See Kai Run
User Tag List