Toddler costume ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-18-2013, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Looking for inspiration...

I am taking my 2 year old to a costume event this year for Halloween, so am trying to come up with some ideas for something I can make/create.  I can sew simple things, but am no experienced seamstress!  So I'm looking for something simple that won't take hours and hours of effort.  Anybody have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-18-2013, 04:27 PM

You could add eyes, nose, ears and a tail to an old hoodie to make a simple, comfy animal costume. DD1 had this last year and I imagine it'd be doable if you had a hoodie to start withhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008XMWE9W
#3 of 6 Old 09-18-2013, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My son was an ewok when he was 3 months old, which would work for a toddler too, and at 15 months he was a lawn gnome. He wouldn't keep the beard on but still, cute smile.gif

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#4 of 6 Old 09-22-2013, 12:43 AM

Have you looked on pinterest?  If you type easy toddler costumes you should find some.  My kid wants to be Captain America and I found a costume that looks really easy to make on there.

obstruct livery vehicles

#5 of 6 Old 09-22-2013, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Definitely check pinterest.  DD (will be 2 weeks shy of 2 for Halloween) is going as Amelia Earhart - no sewing needed and I found some super cute DIY cardboard plane tutorials!  I'm probably more excited than her over this costume but mostly because she loves planes and will totally play with it after Halloween is done and gone.

#6 of 6 Old 09-25-2013, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A few ideas - The Man With the Yellow Hat (Curious George), a cat, Russell from Up (mostly because he's so adorable and it's an easy costume to make), or an artist.  Here is a link with some ideas - Mary Poppins is such a clever idea. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfirechick View Post

Definitely check pinterest.  DD (will be 2 weeks shy of 2 for Halloween) is going as Amelia Earhart - no sewing needed and I found some super cute DIY cardboard plane tutorials!  I'm probably more excited than her over this costume but mostly because she loves planes and will totally play with it after Halloween is done and gone.

How cute.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page