Ideas for nice interactive tv programs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are raising our 3 year old in a country where English is not the native language, but at home we all speak English. Also I like our little one to watch some English tv. He loves watching Dora, Diego, Umi Zoomi and Bubble Guppies because they are so interactive. I love it how they keep coming up with questions that my little one loves to answer.

Now I am looking for more programs like that (cartoon and interactive).

Who can give me some names?

#2 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

We're a Disney Jr household - also good because no commercials.  My 2yo loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates (they always count at the end), Little Einstein's....

#3 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

These all seem reall fun programs and I think our boy would love them. I'll look some of them up for him.

Still I am looking for some more interaction. What I mean with that is that questions are being asked and then the viewer (our kiddo) has to help finding the answer. Like in Umi Zoomie they might for example be looking for a triangle and then they show several shapes on the screen and say:"We need your help! Which of these shapes is a triangle?" Then they wait for a moment so that the viewer can point out what the triangle is or yell "The red one is a triangle!" and then Umi Zoomie says: "Yes, that's right. This is a triangle!".

Diego often asks the viewer to keep saying "swim, swim, swim" as to help an animal to swim faster. What I am looking for is that the kid has to take real action in order to help the cartoon figures on the screen. I find this in Dora, Diego, Umi Zoomi and Bubble Guppies very much, but where else do I find this?

#4 of 6 Old 10-09-2013, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
All of these ask questions...shapes, numbers, finding a particular object on the screen. They do repetition of words. I'm not a nickelodeon fan at all, personal thing, but these are the Disney equivalent of those shows.
#5 of 6 Old 10-09-2013, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Blues clues is great for that. Super Why has "audience participation" too.
#6 of 6 Old 10-09-2013, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

What about good old fashioned Sesame Street? I haven't seen it in ages but as I child I learned how to write my name at age 2 by watching it. It's all about numbers and letters.

Or, there are about a million apps for learning if that's what you're after.....

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page