What's your favorite word your toddler says? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-15-2013, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My favorite word would be hard to pick out, but when D.S. said "WEEEEEEEE!" to indicate the swing it would make my heart just melt. I love that so. I also really like "BIG BIG GOGO!" for the construction trucks. Oh, it was the sweetest thing ever.

What about you?

HappyHappyMommy likes this.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#2 of 11 Old 10-20-2013, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

When DD2 was little we used to say "Lucky you!" and she'd say "Yucky Me!" So we'd say "Lucky YOU!" and we'd get another "Yucky Me" if we said "Lucky You!" a third time then she'd respond with "Yucky Me, Yucky Me, Yucky ME!" Was waaaay too cute and I have a really blurry video of it somewhere. She tried SOOOO hard to say Lucky but it always came out as Yucky!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#3 of 11 Old 10-20-2013, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
DS likes to call his aunt "LaLa." Her nickname is Lally and he tries so hard but had decided to keep it at LaLa. And he recently discovered Elmo, or as he says "Wuh-mo"

treehugger.gif ~*~ caffix.gif ~*~ fambedsingle1.gif ~*~ babyboy.gif(02/12)~*~ reading.gif ~*~ ribbonorange.gif ~*~lurk.gif~*~ OCD ~*~ asl.gif

Single mom, 20 years old, Hippie& Happy, Love To Cook

#4 of 11 Old 10-21-2013, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mine, for some reason, calls flying insects "Zhwee Zhwee" accompanied by the most adorable little hand motion. 

ian'smommaya likes this.

2twins.gif DH, me, DD '11 blowkiss.gif and a new rainbow1284.gifbabyboy.gif born at home April '14! 

familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif cd.gif goorganic.jpgh20homebirth.gif winner.jpg 

#5 of 11 Old 10-21-2013, 10:55 AM

Mine is "pirates", what DD1 calls papaya.  Sometimes she can get closer and call it "paiiaiaiaiaiaii"  which is equally adorable.  

ian'smommaya likes this.
#6 of 11 Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 AM

DS2 currently calls emergency vehicles "ee-boo, ee-boos" because of the siren noise "wee-ooo (pronouced ewww), wee-ooo, wee-ooo" that big brother makes when we talk about them

My favorite DS1 words came in one sentence when he looked out the window at the garden and said "Hey, lurlluls (squirrels) stop eatin our tamoes (tomatos)!  DS1 also used to call our radiators , "wadiwatas", Elmer Fudd-style.

Fun thread!

ian'smommaya likes this.

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#7 of 11 Old 10-21-2013, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My DS says, "all the bodies" instead of everybody.  I love the literal and whimsical.  "Mommy, let's see if all the bodies are awake!"  

Aug 2009;  DS1 Sep 2010; Dec 2012; Dec 2013; May 2014
#8 of 11 Old 10-21-2013, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

My son calls his twin cousins, Ella and Emma, "Alma-Alma".

For a while, he was telling me, "I love you with ALL MY HEART!", but then he started experimenting, trying to say the same thing, only in a different way, so lately he's been telling me, "I love you with A LITTLE BIT of my heart!".  Good thing I know what he means!  lol

ian'smommaya likes this.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#9 of 11 Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 AM

Byna.

Our youngest made up a lot of words. When she was a baby, she was a "head banger." This banging was usually aimed at people's heads. It hurt, big hard fat baby head! We used to say, "No banging!" and she'd yell, "BYNA BYNA BYNA BYNA!"  I imagine she was trying to say "Banging." She learned that if she banged her head on certain stuff, like say, concrete, it would hurt. So, "Byna" became her word for "owie" or hurt.

When she was in Nursery School she had said something about "getting a Byna" and I asked her, "I like the word Byna. Is 'Byna' a real word, or did you make it up?"

HER: "It a real word."

ME: "OK. So do your friends at school use it, too?"

She waved her little hand in my face and said, "I don't wanna talk about it!" Her tone was so adult, it was hilarious.

When she was a toddler, her teenage sisters would go out in the evening, she would say, "Bye Bye, have a good time. Don't get a Byna!" I guess she was initiating my dh and I saying, "Be careful."

She's 14 now, and she and our entire family still uses the word.

ian'smommaya and hyde like this.

Attachment Parenting: The radical notion that children are human. bfinfant.gif
#10 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 05:53 AM

My son has a lot of words that I love so it's hard to pick one but lately he uses the word "hurricano" when talking about the weather. I think it's a mix of hurricane, tornado, and volcano. He has always called a piano a "cumpano" for some reason. The other day he called fortune cookies "searchin cookies."
ian'smommaya likes this.
#11 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

You guise! These are such cute little words! I wish I had recorded D.S. saying BIG BIG GO-GO'S! When we was little.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page