small waist sweat pants? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-25-2013, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This has been covered everywhere. People suggest different brands that have adjustable elastic (doesn't help much since his but is so little, looks very bulky)

But what about sweat pants?! They fall off his but and are huge. As a three year old, he looks very silly in 2T pants that are too short, plus its getting cold. 

Thanks 

#2 of 6 Old 10-25-2013, 10:28 PM

My chubby baby has turned into a slim waist toddler and I too have this problem now that we are potty training and moving away from the bulky cloth diapers. We live on the coast and its chilly most mornings so something I do is put one of those adjustable waist paints over another pair like pj bottoms (the ones that Gap has work great for this). But to answer your question I did find some sweatpants at Target (Cherokee brand) that fit well on his waist. Have a pair of Old Navy fleece paints with a very small waist, and a KRU Supplies brand (from local Free Box, so no idea where from) that fit him well too. 

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

cd.gif homebirth.jpg​ familybed1.gif  bfolderchild.gif 

#3 of 6 Old 10-26-2013, 04:30 AM

My little dude is the same. Try Carters, Old Navy, Children's Place. Those were all too snug on my big first child so they are where I look first now!
#4 of 6 Old 10-28-2013, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Old navy .....huge, Carter's 2t is he, ok, but short. He's three. Old navy jeans work because they have the elastic, though they seem to be a bit longer. They do bulk up on his but smile.gif

I'm wondering if any girls pants would do. This is so sad....
#5 of 6 Old 10-29-2013, 07:59 AM

Children's Place has elastic waist pants in various types. They have a waist that is like a sweat pant band, no buttons or zippers and they sell them in jeans, cargo, or corduroy. Some of the styles fit narrower then others and can be tightened with a drawstring. I have a 4 year old boy who has physical disabilities, he can not do zippers or buttons and is extremely underweight because of his feeding difficulties. Finding pants has been a massive challenge! We can't do pants that tighten inside with buttons to make them narrower. The jeans at TCP seem to tighten/fit the best for him, they are long and skinny, he can wear a 4T in those. We also do a lot of track pants, some different style fit narrower as well. We have some Nike ones that are awesome but I can't find that style again and all other current ones, are too big. it is hit or miss with those. I hunt them often at TJ Maxx.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#6 of 6 Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I love hanna andersson sweatpants. I am not sure about the waist size but you might get a pair and see. They size them in European sizes and a small 3 yr old would probably be size 90

they are more expensive than some other brands but they are great quality and last a long time--http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC&pcid=10&styleid=36300&simg=36300_82F

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page