AP mom, and one year old not sleeping! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ever since the "12 month" sleep regression my one year old does not sleep well,  she has been refusing her afternoon nap and wakes up to nurse so many times at night I cant count, feels like every 20 minutes sometimes!  I know she is tired because on the rare occasion that she takes her afternoon nap she sleeps great at night!   We bed share and "nurse to sleep".  Has any other AP moms been through this with a one year old?  What helped? (let me mention that my little one is also in a bad nipple biting phase, so nursing to sleep has become difficult when she doesn't want to sleep)....

(I should mention that she seems to have been teething non-stop for the past few months even though she has only cut one tooth...)

#2 of 4 Old 12-07-2013, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Sounds like my 2y when she's teething. She's just moving past another bad sleep phase and we're now getting 1-2 nights a week of 10hours the rest of the week she's up anywhere from 1-5x, but with 2 yr molars coming I know we're in a for a rough few weeks til these suckers finally pop.  She was similarly restless at 1 and did and does still nurse to sleep although she's in her big girl bed now and will request I climb in with her for "booby time".  Naps have shifted later and later here, sometimes not at all (today is already looking hairy and I really need to get out and grocery shop!) so I know we may be loosing that altogether sooner rather than later.  At 1 she was done with her 2nd nap so took a while to transition to a steady afternoon single nap, but it just kind of happened (we don't schedule naps) and it worked out.    Oh and back to teeth, mine never seems to cut them one at a time....last round was 6.  Yep, 4 pre molars and 2 incisors all broke through in one night!

gardendweller likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 12-08-2013, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

sassyfirechick, THANKYOU!  You would think that by now I would recognize a sleep regression/teething episode, but this time has been harder than previous regressions, and teeth coming in!  It seemed like all at once the little monkey was cutting teeth, dropping her afternoon nap, starting a major nipple biting problem (which is finally getting better)  and experiencing night time sleep regression!  All the while, I had one nurse tell me to wean her,  another nurse telling me not to nurse to sleep or during the night, and a pediatrician insisting that she still needed two naps, UGH!  I gritted my teeth, calmly thanked them for their "advice" and immediately consulted my inner wisdom!  Of course we still nurse to sleep, and all night if she needs it!  I am following her cues and she is doing great with one long mid day nap.  Night time is still hairy, but hey, she is only one!  Your experience sounds so much like what we are going through, and the comradery is greatly appreciated!  It drives me crazy when I ask a medical person for advice on making my teething baby comfortable and I get parenting lectures instead!  Thanks for the post!  Bright Blessings, and heres to getting more sleep.....someday!

#4 of 4 Old 12-09-2013, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Haha yep, some day!  DD was also biting me HARD right around the teeth breaking through, thank god it was only a few times but I seriously thought I was going to lose a nipple! But shortly after we had teeth and she hasn't bitten since so there's hope :thumb

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page