28 month old wrote a letter A! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2014, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter was happily scribbling away yesterday when she suddenly stopped and pointed to the page and said A. I looked down and sure enough it was a messy capital A. I'm pretty excited but I'm still afraid this may be an odd coincidence. It looks like she been practicing in her scribbling. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Why not? My 26mo has been able to draw circles for a while now and also is aware that a circle is a zero and the letter "o" so I don't see why some kids wouldn't figure out writing at that age, especially if they spend a lot of time drawing. She surprised me the other day when she was doing a number puzzle at the chiropractor's and I would ask what each one was that she picked up - when it got to 4 she kept saying "cot", and it took me a few minutes to realize she was saying it in French (quatre)! LOL I had to count it out in my head to even figure it out but she knew right away!!

Old 01-13-2014, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, that's pretty amazing she knew it in French. I'm amazed constantly by my daughter. Especially when she corrects me. Lol

User Tag List